1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galactic Science Reset and Update

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by SirWill, Nov 17, 2016.

1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    3:30 AM
    We decided to reset Galactic Science for these reasons:

• Tardis Dimensions are currently broken and after days of debugging we were not able to resolve this issue. This has been part of a recurring issue with the worlds. In the past we put countless of hours into this including the galacticraft dev.
    • The servers world size is way beyond 50GB this increases the complexity of debugging extremely to a level where everything takes forever and is huge. It feels worse than trying to find a needle in the hay stack.
    • On top the server has been running for 17 months now. During this time there have been countless of updates including major mod updates. Those major mod updates could have left parts from previous versions behind causing issues. (The pack has been finished for a long time now and is only receiving updates to fix major issues.)

The old server will get shutdown on the 25th November.

Automatic Island/Chunk Reset Islands will now get auto reset if the specific players are inactive for 2 weeks like it is on our other servers.
    New Server The new server is already available at:
    galacticnew.mym.li
    ("new" will be removed once the the simple addresses free up)
    Hard-Reset As always it will be a hard reset. That means inventories, MyM's, Claims.. will not carry over.
    If you bought a kit with credits within the last 2 weeks on Galactic Science we are happy to refund those on request.
    Base Download Those that would like to continue on their bases in single player or on their own server are welcome to download the base during the next week with /wd.

Any issue should be posted in the support section and not in this thread.
    Galactic Science | MineYourMind Community

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. link13254

link13254 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    when is the reset happening?

3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:

4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    9:30 PM
    I'm going to add to this: The server has literally existed since the alpha was concieved and brought to @AlphaRue and that other guy whose name I forget.... Then it went through private beta, then it went through public beta, and now it's still going, i'm amazed this reset didn't happen earlier tbh

5. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:30 AM
    caithleen :p

6. F4lconwings

F4lconwings Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I literally have been awaiting this. It's a good thing to see that you've decided to reset the server :D It was just getting too old and that now opens up new possibilities for new(er) players that want to compete with the older ones.

7. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The downloaded world ends up in the overworld dimension. 10x10 chunks of sky island floating above the void. With ore gen :D And Daleks spawning in the dark.

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Nothing we can do about it right now, please manually move the region files to DIM-28.

9. Willfon

Local Time:
    Moving the region files to DIM-28 still leave you at the coordinates in Overworld. That is easy to fix by *copying*, not moving the files and using your rocket to get to the moon or even better, any of your RFTools transporters, if you have any. However, your save will start you in creative mode, with no HQM and /hqm quest will tell you that you do not have access to that command. Creative mode is easy to alleviate. You just select the proper gamemode in NEI, because once again /gamemode 0 is not allowed. The HWM is harder to fix. You will have to start a LAN game with cheats.

Sure there isnt a quick way for you to set the proper variables in the save process?

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    You can unlock those commands by opening the game to lan and allowing cheats ;) (ESC Menu)

11. Willfon

Local Time:
    As I said :) But now I also find that my solution of just copying the files cause a new problem, and that is that your RFTools teleporters are now borked, probably because you now have *two* transmitters and receivers with the same ID. More to come in the continuing saga to find workarounds.

Trust me. I'm an Oracle. (I do this for a living)

12. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Did you not delete the region file from the overworld after you copied it to the right dim?

13. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Don't do that. It contains the item mappings.

14. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ahh ok, lol. Thought it was just the region itself that was there ;)

15. Willfon

Local Time:
    Also remember to take a run through whatever dimensions you need backup of. For instance, hop into that tardis and do /wd add radius 10, then save it with /wd save Tardis. Take note of which Tardis dimension you have and copy the dimensional data from the Tardis saved world to ActualSave/tardis/DIM3888 or whatever. The tardis is a bit tricky in any event.You risk loosing access to it.

You can even hop on over to spawn and do a world backup there so that you get the proper overworld stuff... It's not as if you want to go there anyways :D

16. LordG66

LordG66 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:30 AM
    Yea, chugga that guy's name you cant remember is probably me.

17. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    9:30 PM
    Yes it would, I haven't seen you in awhile

18. LordG66

LordG66 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:30 AM
    Hasn't been around for a while, life prevented me from playing on mym for over a year or so.