1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Possible /god Vampirism sunlight immunity

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Sandian, May 24, 2015.

1. Sandian

Sandian New Member

Local Time:
    5:06 AM
    VanityNightmare and I (Sandian) have both bought tier 4+ with the idea that /god (on) would make us immune to sunlight (we're both vampires [Witchery mod]). However, upon going out into the sun, both of us died immediately. So, please. please. please. Make vampires that are Tier 4+ immune to sunlight (with /god(mode) on).

Thank you for your time.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    that breaks vampirism too much, and at level 5 you are resistant to the sun for awhile, so shouldn't be a problem

3. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    4:06 AM
    Having people who donated to Receive immunity and did not receive, is something that is an issue. @chugga_fan they don't do witchery, and are having to build a gigantic cobble square over there base.

Sandian likes this.
  4. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:06 AM
    this also isnt the servers fault and is a feature of the mod, giving vampires the immunity from /god would break the mods progression

5. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    dude, it's literally solvable by progressing through the stages of vampirism, which is part of witchery, therefore this shouldn't be a problem

6. Sandian

Sandian New Member

Local Time:
    It is a problem though. We bought to receive immunity. It's bull that I paid 33 USD just for something that I didn't receive.[DOUBLEPOST=1432494953][/DOUBLEPOST]That's 3 hours of my life gone.

7. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    it's something that we can't change either way, you gain immunity to almost everything else, progress through the mod and get to level 10 vampire and this won't be a problem anymore, it's a win-win

8. Sandian

Sandian New Member

Local Time:
    And yes!! I do have a giant cobble square over 9 chunks of land! Do you even know how ugly that is?[DOUBLEPOST=1432495082][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm level 10 already and it's still bothering me.

9. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    try the glass that has a property that makes it no longer let light through during the day

10. Sandian

Sandian New Member

Local Time:
    You mean shaded glass? The stuff that does not work properly?

11. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    use a daylight sensor and a specific ammount of redstone, afaik it works last i checked, i have not played infinity in over 3 weeks, do not blame me for any bugs i do not know, as an update occured that i have no played, shaded glass works if a redstone signal is applied to it if you read the witchery wiki, thank you very much

12. Sandian

Sandian New Member

Local Time:
    Regrowth.

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    i haven't played regrowth

14. Sandian

Sandian New Member

Local Time:
    Shaded glass over 52x52 blocks... No. That isn't happening. I would have to place a redstone source for EVERY SINGLE BLOCK. It's ugly as hell, and even then I can't leave my claim during daytime - I can't even change time to night without being banned for it. Or making it rain. I mean, what the hell, man? It's bull. I need a moderator to up this page.

15. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    There are some things that mod developers specifically code in their mods to bypass god mode.. MFR Mining Lasers can actually kill people even in creative mode if they're not careful, and in creative you don't even have a health bar!

The /god mode that you got from donating to tier 5 will indeed protect you from 99% of all sources of damage, the fact that the one source of damage that you care about is in the 1% the /god doesn't protect against is unfortunate, but totally not our problem.. if you don't like it you can go and pester the developer of the mod to change that, but it is not something we can or will do anything about on our end.

chugga_fan likes this.
  16. Sandian

Sandian New Member

Local Time:
    Damn. Kk.

17. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:06 AM
    Wouldn't it be easier to just get rid of the curse? If you have god mode you don't need the vampire resistances.

chugga_fan likes this.
  18. RAINING_SHELLS

RAINING_SHELLS New Member

Local Time:
  19. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I personally agree.
    I think it breaks the whole situation of it being of some what "roleplaying"

I think overall, it would be lame to have immunity over such things, for example /god doesn't have immunity over other Mod related stuff, such as Lasers for example.

20. Aamia

Aamia The Most Powerful Warlock

Local Time:
    10:06 AM
    /god protects you only from damage that something can does. It doesn't protect you from instant dieding like vampires in the sun, they are not dieding because of fire, they just dies instantly when mod detects player in the sunlight