1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Going Away

Discussion in 'Other' started by misscatlin1951, Mar 29, 2020.

1. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    3:38 AM
    Several weeks ago I lost my laptop to problems, (it was almost 8 years old) and I ordered an I5 system which came in on the day that my time lapsed. It took several days to get back up and running. I was able to log in one time before updates took the OpenGL and trashed it, stating that the GPU was so far dated that even Intel quit offering updates for it over 2 years ago.
    So I am stuck with a fast motherboard and processor, but cant play the games I want to. I have a ATI card that has opengl but because of the way Intel set it up, I cant even use that card because I cant disable the onboard GPU.
    My ATI NEVER had an install rom and I cant see well enough to see the model # on the card, and it may be so old that it will not work anyway.
    I suppose I will wait for the stimulus check to hit then buy an I7 with the cash I have left. BTW, How is E-Bay on fraud, anyone know? The board was purchased with the all function guarantee, and it is anything but. My installer who purchased it through his business account is in negotiations but it dosent look very bright. At least I have 8 gig and a fast processor to work with, and I really hate Intel,
    Till then, I suppose I need to be put on an inactive list as I cant even download my AG file. Of course, I have restarted so many times that it doesnt really bother me anymore. Till later my friends.