1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented GT:NH Change

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BookerTheGeek, Dec 1, 2020.

1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:42 PM
    Heyo

So if you know me, you will know I normally NEVER suggest changes to a pack to make life easier. my motto has always been "get gud or get wrekt". So please bear that in mind when considering my request.

1. Disable Blood Moon.

The reason I am requesting this change is solely due to the server performance when the blood moon is going on. Some examples are:
    • TPS drops into the single digits.
    • Mining becomes an exercise in futility as the block reappear multiple times

My sole argument at playing the devils advocate against this change is "That is how the pack was designed" flies in the face of having an enjoyable experience (as in TPS being over 15).

So please, disable this feature.

sp33draft likes this.
  2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:42 PM
    Weird, this is the first I am hearing about TPS drops due to this.

This change will probably happen when I get home

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:42 AM
    Why it was left enable is still unknown to me. I heard every pack that have Blood moons have it disabled from the start

4. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    4:42 PM
    Packs can vary. It is always worth a try to keep it enabled and see if the performance issues were resolved. Obviously it wasn't

5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    12:42 AM
    In my opinion blood moon doesn't add anything meaningful anyway. In this pack mobs are so hard (and even bypass /god a lot of the time), that the usual behaviour during blood moon is just to sit in your base and wait it out. But in this time server runs on like 7 TPS as Booker said. And then next day you have to deal with some mobs that are annoying because they have some triple-enchant-whatever and don't die.

Although to be fair, they are not that common. The bloodmoons, not the triple enchant mobs.

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    3:42 PM
    Changes made.

Sandstroem likes this.