1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted GTNH: Replace ReAuth with OAuth

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Lachim_Heigrim, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Lachim_Heigrim

Lachim_Heigrim Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:02 PM
    Hi folks,

would you please consider replacing (or making them optional so players can choose) the ReAuth plugin with OAuth (at least for GTNH pack)?
    https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/oauth/files/all?filter-game-version=2020709689:4449

I have migrated my Minecraft account to Microsoft authentication, which means session token is now valid 24 hours sharp. ReAuth does not support the new OAuth authentication scheme, which forces me to restart the client every 24 hours.

Unfortunately GTNH is a pack with long start followed up by long initialization. GTNH is loading around 7-10 minutes on my machine. It also occasionally fails to load at the end (random problem with locked sound device on Linux), so I have to restart again. That's just beginning because then it needs to sync with server, NEI needs to index recipes, terrain needs to get cached so I get reasonable FPS. I'd estimate I need about 15-20 minutes in total to get to playable state. Every time I want to play the pack or just sign into the server to keep the base alive.

It's quite a commitment and would love to get back to state when I can keep the pack running and just reauth when I find time to play.

I have tried replacing ReAuth with OAuth plugin myself, but while client loaded ok, I was not able to get connection to MyM's GTNH server and was repeatedly redirected into Hub without any clear error messages except: horizons_MC17_N1 went down or is restarting, you have been moved to the Hub! despite server running and players on. Relevant part of connection log below.

If you can't add OAuth I'm happy to modify the pack config locally if someone can provide guidance how to make the connection work.

Code:
    [22:58:04] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to horizons.mym.li, 25565
    [22:58:05] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Server protocol version 2
    [22:58:06] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Attempting connection with missing mods [Aroma1997Core, itemphysic, FastCraft, Aroma1997CoreHelper, AromaBackup, AromaBackupRecovery, BetterAchievements, betterloadingscreen, craftpresence, CustomMainMenu, DamageIndicatorsMod, defaultworldgenerator, findit, gtneioreplugin, Ic2Nei, InGameInfoXML, inventorytweaks, itlt, journeymap, LunatriusCore, MouseTweaks, oauth, ResourceLoader, tcnodetracker, tcneiadditions, torohealthmod, WailaHarvestability, wailaplugins, wawla] at SERVER
    [22:58:06] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Injecting existing block and item data into this client instance
    [22:58:07] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Applying holder lookups
    [22:58:07] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO]: Holder lookups applied
    [22:58:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [Client thread] Client side modded connection established
    [22:58:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [com.dyonovan.tcnodetracker.lib.JsonUtils:readJson:37]: tcnodetracker: No nodes.json file found.
    [22:58:07] [Client thread/INFO]: Detected removing of ArcaneWandRecipe and ArcaneSceptreRecipe by another mod. Applying NEI Wand Recipe searching by ShapedArcaneRecipes...
    [22:58:07] [Client thread/INFO]: Connected to new server, resetting commands
    [22:58:08] [Client thread/INFO]: Requesting World ID
    [22:58:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] §2A magic bubble of protection appears...
    [22:58:12] [Thread-33/WARN]: [TABBYCHAT] Unable to check for TabbyChat update.
    [22:58:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] horizons_MC17_N1 went down or is restarting, you have been moved to the Hub!

Thanks for consideration.
    Lach

2. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    5:02 AM
    I think this would be a great idea. I've migrated my account, as have many others, and having to reload a pack every few hours is no fun. Any thoughts about adding it to the mod list for packs in the launcher @Administrator ?

Lachim_Heigrim likes this.
  3. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    This is actually just a client mod. So, you can use whichever you want. Changing which Horizons comes with by default would be up to the pack authors.

However, since reauth doesn't seem interested in upgrading and oauth is taking over, it's probably smart to getit added to the launcher as an optional addon. Fortunately. it was mentioned in a collab a couple months ago. So, I'll bump that and see if we can get it added.

Feature/Suggestion #2223: Optional Mods for MyM Launcher - Launcher - MyM Collaboration

4. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:02 AM
    Is this mod on the allowed client side mod whitelist for mym?

5. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    • Whitelisted the OAuth client mod on all servers in ModControl.

mrminesheeps and BookerTheGeek like this.
  6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7-10 minutes is long... perspective matters...

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  7. Lachim_Heigrim

Local Time:
    I can confirm I'm able to connect to GTNH instance with oauth mod installed. Will test the authentication next, when the session expires. Thanks for the quick fix.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  8. Lachim_Heigrim

Local Time:
    OK, successfully re-authenticated in game without pack restart. Works as expected even on Linux (... game needs to open a browser tab). Thanks again.

SovereignEternal likes this.
  9. Lachim_Heigrim

Local Time:
    Final note. The oauth mod seem to support both Mojang and Microsoft authentication. So it seems ReAuth can really be fully replaced with oauth.
    I only tested the Microsoft one though.

Attached Files:

10. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    8:02 AM
    I have tested it both ways and i seem to like it. It is nice to have players being able to relog in through the launcher as this OAuth does give them that choice verse waiting 5 Minutes + to reload the pack