1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Hell in Hell

Discussion in 'Continuum' started by misscatlin1951, Aug 20, 2018.

1. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:42 AM
    The other day I was in Hell, trying to find a Fortress when the server had a bad coughing fit, I was kicked, and now I cannot get back in. Please reset my character and I will pick up where I left off.. I am sorry that I haven't been here for a while but I cant be everywhere (although I try):). Please let me know when the location reset is by e-mail so I can get back on.
    Thanks loads,
    misscatlin1951

2. tonalom

tonalom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:42 PM
    Hello misscatlin1951,

Thanks for creating a support thread. Could you inform us what the message you get displayed on the screen once you disconnect? Besides that I have gone ahead and moved you to spawn so you can try rejoining the server again. Let us know if it solved the issue.

Note to staff: Players last known location was (DIM-1 x: -186 y: 47 z: 385)

3. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    To the best of my knowledge, there was not an error code. Almost a week ago I started getting server kicked. The reason was not apparent at the time. I work from a wired ADSL box and My home system is wireless. My signal is very high but the ADSL is super low. That is what is causing the server kicks, and the problems I am having.
    Unfortunately, I cant do anything about the ADSL because the setup is in my sons name, and also unfortunately this may happen again so please do not get mad with me. I will try to concentrate on getting the job done and not exploring like I did. Looking for a Fortress. ... Oh well.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  4. tonalom

Local Time:
    Whenever you get disconnected from a server the «dirt loading screen» pops up and you have to click a button to return to the main menu. The message we are interested in is the one that is displayed on the «dirt loading screen». It could be something simple like «Timed out», but it still helps us getting to know why the issue is occuring, and in turn how we can help.

Also, do not worry about getting us mad for a request for help, beceause we won’t. Us staff members signed up for the job because we genuinely enjoy helping out players in need of help :)

Best regards,
    -tonalom

5. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Sometimes it is a simple Time out error, but the one that burst my bubble is the forced closure by the server. That I cannot figure out unless it is the result of the signal actually disappearing while I am playing. Right now I can look at a graph of my signal and see a broken line for the ADSL while I still have a good signal because the router is right above the computer,
    I am learning a lot about general signal strength and I am just trying to keep playing.

6. tonalom

Local Time:
    As for the timed out errors, they are most likely caused by the faulty ADSL you use as timed out errors almost always are client side. The only exceptions are when the server you are attempting to play on is having major issues, however the servers are not experiencing any issues right now, so we can assume the problem is located on your end.

As for the forced closure of server errors, it is a bit more difficult to locate an exact cause, but I am afraid I don’t bring good news here either. A forced closure by server is mainly caused by three different factors. One: The server you are playing on is experiencing issues, and as we established earlier, the servers are doing just fine atm. Two: Mojang is having issues, in turn causing thousands of people to constantly lose connection to the server they ate attempting to play on, but after a quick look at mojangs uptime status and the fact that other people are not experiencing this issue right now, we can assume it is not Mojang’s fault either. Three: The connection that an individual player is having to a server is not doing to well, which as you explained yourself with the ADSL issues, is most likely the cause here.

It could potentially help us if your provided us with a client log of the disconnection and we can have a look at that, but oter than that there is sadly not anything we can do on our end.

7. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    I am very sure of my facts now.A java.io.ioexception is caused by only three things, 1) the server has quit sending 2) the client has disconnected and 3) a combination of the above. Since I know that the server was fine and my connection is suspect, then I have answered my question to my satisfaction. As soon as I can get it I am getting another ISP that doesn't put its trust on the telephone company! Thank you for your assistance and I will be more careful in the future.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  8. tonalom

Local Time:
    I am glad to hear I could be of assistance. Hopefully you get the ISP sorted out :) I will go ahead and mark this thread as done, as we have established what is the reason and that we sadly cannot help you.