1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to decrease your lagg!

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by BloxyRoblox, Aug 23, 2017.

1. BloxyRoblox

BloxyRoblox Tekkit Legends Supporter

Local Time:
    7:48 PM
    Hi, best MineYourMind players. I've done a lot of research on the internet on how to improve your Minecraft performance, and how to make sure you've got best and smoothest gameplay you can get.

I know that there is already a topic on this subject, but I found that some important aspects were not mentioned, so I'd like to do this in this topic, because it's very annoying if your game is not smooth.

What is Minecraft lagg?

Many of you must have known and read about Minecraft Lag but there is no real explanation as to what Minecraft Lag actually is. For those of you who are curious, it is the explanation of the phenomenon that occurs when you see a noticeable difference between your (client) action in the game and the server’s (host) reaction to your action. For example, when you call for an action in a multiplayer game by pressing an action or shoot button or whatever and the server responds to your action a tad bit late.

Can Your PC Handle Minecraft?

Probably one of the most common problems that gamers encounter when they want to play any game is inadequate system requirements. While Minecraft is a very light game in the department of processing power and system requirements, there might be some of you who do not have a decent enough computer to run the game. Not sure if you have a capable enough computer? Well, you can find below the official system requirements and the recommended specifications to get rid of lag in Minecraft:

[​IMG]

As you can see from the official system requirements above, the game is not a resource hungry one and should be able to run fine on a cheap build as well. It goes without saying that if your computer does not meet the requirements mentioned above, you should upgrade your computer to the specifications mentioned above.

Modpacks are heavier, and therefore require more of your system, make sure that you are a lot higher than Minecraft's requirements. In a modpack, Minecraft needs to do more work to load new blocks for example, or to load objects transported by transport pipes.

Graphics And Computer Settings

As with every other PC game out there, reducing your graphics quality and/or resolution can help you eradicate lag and there are a couple of useful graphical options that you can tweak and tone down in order to reduce Minecraft lag. First of all, you can set the overall graphics level to Fast to see if you notice any sort of improvement in the Lag. Other than that, you can set rendering to normal or lower, smooth lighting off and generally lower all of the remaining options until you have acceptable performance and do not notice any Minecraft Lag.

[​IMG]

Another way to reduce Minecraft Lag is by giving Java priority over your computer’s resources. As many of you might already know, Minecraft is developed by Mojang and is purely written in Java and therefore, depends on the Java Runtime environment installed on your computer. To apply this fix, simply push Ctrl+Alt+Del on your Windows computer and select start Task Manager. Then, on the window that opens up, go to the processes tab and find a process named “javaw.exe”. Right click the process and select Priority – High. This has helped a lot of players reduce Minecraft Lag greatly and has proven to be a reliable fix. However, it must be said that this fix has to be applied every time you start playing Minecraft because it resets to normal every time you start Minecraft.

[​IMG]

I hope this clarifies how to make your minecraft faster, and I would like to make it clear that 80% of this information meets Minecraft's requirements, and not directly on the requirements you need for a Modpack.

The requirements are very different per modpack, some modpacks need to load more things than others, if you have a bit worse computer, I recommend choosing a modpack with less mods.

Hopefully this was enough information! Questions can always be asked.

Sincerely,
    BloxyRoblox (Lars)

NOTE: much information has been found on the internet, but editted so it meets the requirements for a modpack.

Tipsied, lryanle and Aidoneus like this.
  2. m0rpuus

m0rpuus Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    don't know if this also would help. but closing chrome when playing also decreases lag ( for me that is )

3. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    If you are using Windows 10, disabling the torrent update distribution should also help with ping during updates a lot.

4. BloxyRoblox

BloxyRoblox Tekkit Legends Supporter

Local Time:
    Dear @m0rpuus,

Turn off active programs outside Minecraft would always improve your playing performance. The more programs run in the foreground/background, the slower the game would work. If you really want to run the game on the highest performance possible for your computer, I recommend closing all programs outside minecraft, this would give you the best experience your PC might have.

Of course, there are always programs that can improve performance, and or options that you can select to make your game perform even better without closing all programs outside Minecraft.

So it's really smart to close all the programs.

5. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    It's also a good idea to use task manager to close Steam (takes up a lot of everything).

6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Also Potato Master Race can use Pendrives as virtual RAM memory instead using hard drive cuz pendrives are faster

7. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    Ram change a lot. Pendrives break after a certain number of write/erase cycles, so they are pretty bad for ram, unthil you want your computer to randomly shutdown at some point and require you to go to the store and buy a new pen drive.

8. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Another way to increase your performance is to install Optifine and allocate more RAM to minecraft (but do not go over 4 GB).

9. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    You need to allocate as much memory as the pack requieres. If the requiered memory goes over 4GB, you can allocate more.

10. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I have 64 gigs 8f ram and I have 8 allocated to minecraft and have No problem whit the above 4 GB ram issue i also installed optifine and I have fastcraft

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Our default jvm settings (on the MyM Launcher) reduce the issue of allocating too much ;) Else you would experience a lag spike whenever the mem allocation is hitting close to 100% and it needs to clean up gigabytes of data at once.

Fireforce likes this.