1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented How to post a Server suggestion "template"

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Braun_, Jun 21, 2020.

?

should MYM implement a sever suggestion template

1. Yes

58.3%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. potato

41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:16 AM
    Hello everyone,

I have been seeing many server suggestions with very minimal info about the modpack, and most suggestion are just a link to the pack's page. This is a suggestion for MYM to have a template for server suggestion so player understand what info is helpful for the community, but also help Admins to make a informed decision.

Sever Suggestion Template:

Please have modpack name with "server suggestion" in title.

Modpack name:

via spoiler

via spoiler

Modpack description by author:

Video, or picture showing off the pack.

Your own description on why the pack should be hosted.

Lastly add a poll [​IMG]

Example Pack suggestion using the template:

Title: Infinity Evolved Sever suggestion

Modpack name: FTB Infinity Evolved

Modpack description by author:

Now Includes Quests! Infinity Evolved adds game modes! Two modes are currently included; 'normal' and 'expert'. New and existing worlds are automatically in 'normal' mode, to switch to the all-new game mode type the following command (without quotes): "/ftb_mode set expert" At any time you can return to 'normal' to typing the command: "/ftb_mode set normal" These same commands can be executed by server ops either in game or from console. Players joining a server will be switched to the server's game mode upon login automatically. World resets are not required with the update to 2.0.0 but highly suggested if you are planning to play 'expert' mode due to the massive amount of progression changes.
    The pack for all people. Infinity is the general all-purpose pack from the FTB team that is designed for solo play as well as small and medium population servers.

Infinity evolved is a collection of all the best mods from 1.7.10 all compiled into a fun kitchen sink experience for the multiplayer environment. From Thermal, draconic evolution, tinkers, bees, all the way to botania this mod pack has it all. Infinity evolved should be hosted on MYM due to the high traffic it would bring to MYM but also is fresh, new, and would be a fun experience to have on MYM.

sp33draft and tonalom like this.
  2. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    On the other hand I find them posting a link is just fine, and its not that hard to go see the mod description that way.

Requiring a video or picture? What point would there be for that - You can't make up your mind unless you have a visual?

A little more information would be nice, but making it a requirement just to make suggestions is a bit far fetched.

3. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Again its just suggestion(not a requirement), I don't know why you take things personally with lines like this "Requiring a video or picture? What point would there be for that - You can't make up your mind unless you have a visual?"
    The only reason I added a picture/ video is to show off the pack. lMAO. Visual do help people make choices

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  4. roobarb2

roobarb2 Bah, life is over rated

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    Well no, it's better for it to be added, maybe if you're too lazy to find a good video then that's up to you, but I believe that adding a template for suggesting a server is a great idea as people can post their opinions on a pack, it also more convenient to just stay on the forums rather then going off to the link and people can immediately look for mods they like/dislike instead of searching for a mod list.

sp33draft and Braun_ like this.
  5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Braun_ likes this.
  6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Im so into this idea - when i see ONE sentence like "hey can you add XYZ modpack cuz its new & fun?" without even link to curse i just want to click delete thread buttom but sadly i dont have it :C

If someone really want to play this modpack then prove it by making a decent presentation to promote such modpack so poll is more than adequate for purpose of checking if modpack is ternding among players

Braun_ likes this.
  7. ElectricLemonade

ElectricLemonade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:16 AM
    I like this idea. Is this something you guys would like to see happen? How would you implement it? Maybe pin the template to the top of the suggestions forum so people can copy/paste it with the info they want to post? We'd want it to be as easy as possible to use of course.

CN_Armor, sp33draft and Braun_ like this.
  8. Braun_

Braun_ Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I would just have a pinned forum at the top, titled Sever Suggestion Template , and on discord make a announcement about it. Having it copy pasta would be the easiest, with helpful info like how to make spoilers, and polls.

* in said copy pasta for how to make a spoiler * -
    First Click on the flag icon on the forum[​IMG] Next add your title and click Continue[​IMG]
    to add text and images place text between the brackets[​IMG]

9. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    *BUMP*

So? Are we getting it?