1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop a draconic reactors explosion

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by rootbeeralaska, Feb 18, 2016.

1. rootbeeralaska

rootbeeralaska Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:00 PM
    Simple, surround it in 15 layers of wither proof obsidian

It blows through the first 5 layers then the 10 layers left over stop the explosion. I can make a tutorial on how to stabilize it and produce over 4 million rf a tick in the future :D

Messiah7 likes this.
  2. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    What's the fun in protecting the area from an explosive dragon powered reactor? My favorite part of ozone was letting 3 reactors destroy my base at once, then rebuildin! After that I realized my island was complete trash so I decided to recreate my place on a new island :=P

johnfg10 likes this.
  3. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    Funny cus the Wiki says that it destroys anything in a 200 block radius

4. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:00 PM
  5. rootbeeralaska

Local Time:
    If for some reason you surround it in wither proof obsidian from Ender Io it stops the explosion :D

#RIP cow island. Press F to pay your respects

6. Jamie_Day

Jamie_Day Title of titles

Local Time:
    Well its a explosion right? if the explosion resistance is high enough and it is diddled down enough by other blocks then boom it can be stopped and witherproof obsidian has a very high explosion resist because...well its witherproof lawl

7. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    the creator made it so it destroys anything

8. Jamie_Day

Local Time:
    again i say if its a explosion then it can be stopped does it blowup bedrock? if he made it to where its a explosion which i bet he did then it can be stopped with commands that increase the explosion resistance of blocks or mods that add explosion resistance blocks with a very very high explosion resist and its a explosion so it diddles down to nothing eventually that's how you get cool patterns in the ground with nuke mods n stuff so extreme explosion resists blocks surrounding it with a bunch of layers will stop any explosion

9. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Yes it does blow through and destroys bedrock outright like its a piece of dirt

10. Jamie_Day

Local Time:
    well then witherproof obsidian has a higher explosion resistance then bedrock which i already knew bedrock has a fairly low resistance when it comes to mod standards

11. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    this is true

also thats most likly some mod stuff thats not breaking through blast protection but just coded to destroy non-modded blocks

12. timqthy

timqthy Active Member

Local Time:
    i want to know how to build a good work ever stable reactor not what to do when it explodes but how to make it so i won't same goos with implode want it perfectly stable :D

13. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Good luck comarad

14. ben_mkiv

ben_mkiv Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    not sure about your mod pack, but if it has rftools you might want to try a rftools shield around the reactor :>

those blocks are pretty cheap and also witherproof \o/

15. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    3:00 PM
    you also need a blast resistance of above 18 million... most mods don't go that rediculous

16. recaltotal

recaltotal Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    it doesnt destroy blast prof me drive also

17. rootbeeralaska

Local Time:
    To make it stable is very simple :p . ( watch the video first) But making it produce 4 million RF is stupid hard and beyond dangerous. So what you need to do is make the containment field input around 600k rf a tick input (you're gonna need around 20 billion rf to start it) and make the output 200k your containment field should sky rocket and when it's around 80-85% make the output around 1.2 million, let the reactor stabilize then when your reactor is at 75% stability raise the output to around 1.7-1.8 million, then rinse and repeat for about 200k each time but you can raise it up 200k each time the reactor is at 60% keep in mind that the reactor needs energy to keep its self stabilized so in the end you're making around 4.6 million but 600k of that is going back to the reactor. Hope this "explanation" helps with your future power needs.

18. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Will the parts of reactor survive explosion if the reactor was covered in wither proof blocks? I want to run reactor after all draconium converts to chaos element.

19. rootbeeralaska

Local Time:
    only the reactor stablizers will survive strangely... The author said he'll change this...

20. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not true, tesseracts and creative energy cells can survive that blast too. Neither bedrock will be destroyed.