1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HQM 10 bit bug will not be fixed

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by grieferignoto, May 25, 2014.

1. grieferignoto

grieferignoto New Member

Local Time:
    1:50 AM
    Well, if you didn't notice, look at this bug report.

Newcastlegeek / HQM BugTracker / issues / #29 - HQM 1024 Player Bug (Carryover from Issue #24) — Bitbucket

Long story short, he will not fix this bug for agrarian skies (the 90% of players that use this mod) because he "doesn't get money out of it like server owners do." By me, this awesome mod couldn't have a worse dev. Totally unfriendly, does not care about others BUT "pretend" donations when he doesn't even fix major bugs just because of a 6 yr old kid mind.

2. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    12:50 AM
    I am relatively certain that the dev has actually fixed the issue, it is just not installed in the current version.

And as of a few minutes ago, fix incoming tomorrow!

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  3. grieferignoto

grieferignoto New Member

Local Time:
    Well, let see how it goes. I hope this will not be a patch where everything was done ASAP just to shut up server owners and has a lot of bugs in it. And the answer for a bug in this version will be: "Didn't you want it as soon as possible? Well, enjoy the bugs as this isn't an official supported version".

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Don't get high hopes on it.[DOUBLEPOST=1401143121,1401117199][/DOUBLEPOST]as I thought, they did just patch it exactly as we asked for 1 month ago but it is an unoffical release and jaded will not put it inside the agrarian skies mod. We are at the same position as be before, as we would have been able to do this small change our self's but as soon as someone joins with the non patched version it will corrupt the save data.

5. hannes3510

hannes3510 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    So this means if we fix the problem we only can use the MyM launcher?

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    yes and we would have to write another mod that doesn't let you connect if you don't use the mym launcher. As you could just join with the original hqm build.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  7. grieferignoto

grieferignoto New Member

Local Time:
    Well, I can't do that but I think that is not too hard adding a mod that.... does nothing! Just throw like "Visit MyM.li/launcher and join from there.jar" mod file coded to be "known" by forge as a mod but that really does nothing other than making the official version mismatching mod when you try to log in the server.

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    unfortunately that isn't that easy. There are certain events that get triggered on player join which we have to use. Unfortunately does the hqm mod use the same, so it is likely that we can't kick the user fast enough.

9. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:50 PM
    • Stop players from being able to direct connect to the server
    • Players can only join from the lobby
    • Run the check for mod mismatch on lobby login

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Uhh, this would require us to setup an extra lobby. Write a client mod that creates a md5 checksum of the hqm mod and sends it to the server. Than the server would need to validate that. The next step would be a bridge between forge and bukkit that allows or does not allow the connection to the other servers.

This is work for about 20 hours for a an experienced dev.

The problem, ars magica, thaumcraft.. will not work.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014