1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Hypovolemia] - Suggestions Needed

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by bigbluu722, Mar 6, 2016.

1. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:16 PM
    Hey fellow MyM'ers, as Hypo management has been taken over by PhantomRTW, Arcanuo, and I, I'd like to have a few suggestions of new features to add as well as maybe a few mods or so for a few new things added.

Suggestions that have been made:
    • Infinite blood and/or infinite lava tank. (Mid-end game recipe, most likely req t5-6 blood altar and addition of thaumcraft/botania)
    • Thermal Expansion (needed for infinite tanks, possibly questline addition and hard recipes)
    • Extra Utilities (Lava generators most likely disabled, and harder recipes for other gens)
    Most suggestions will be added or not by community approval and what users would like to see. Any and all other suggestions would be highly appreciated as well.
    -V

LunaBlossoms and Arcanuo like this.
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    Infinite blood tank is useless, use drill of the dead, TE is a no and EU is a no as the intent was to force people to use new mods, i'd like to see that intent stay there, please

AlphaRue likes this.
  3. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    The idea behind TE being added is to allow for a creative tank to make other infinite tanks possible.

The idea behind infinite blood tank is to reduce the amount of lag, seeing as how the mekanism pump doesnt handle flowing blocks very well. There's a reason most pumps are frowned upon on our servers.

as for EU, thoughts of disabling cursed earth and the deep dark, as well as lava generators. this will stop how most people use EU, and let them use things that they wouldnt normally use. thus keeping the "trying new things" aspect in check.

As a side note, Im not entirely sure what "new mods" you're referring to, as there aren't that many uncommon mods in the pack. Mods like mekanism, AE2, bloodmagic, thaumcraft, the addons, agricraft, all of the major mods in this pack are mainstream mods.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    bigbluu722 likes this.
  4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    8:16 PM
    You are probably confusing Galactic Science with hypo regarding uncommon mods.

5. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:16 PM
    The creative tanks are more of a server aspect to the pack, you need to think more about single player and how those mods will affect the overall gameplay of the pack. I worked with caithleen in the early development of the pack and i know that he doesn't want his packs to just contain the same mods that are used in every pack, disabling the items may require people to use them differently but its not in-keeping with the pack and how the pack was meant to be played.

6. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    I'm all for this and was thinking it should use items from different mods since its a bit op... it could basically give you infinite power and of course infinite lp which is pretty op. This was my idea for the blood tank recipe

It is probably a bit much but its just a bit of the early-mid game items from different mods. Only problem is that this recipe only goes to tier 4...
    Another idea could be sticking an Electric Pump into the blood altar and feeding it around 2 million lp then it turns into that blood tank, I am not sure if it's possible but it's n idea :p

Off Topic: Do you guys want me to send you a pm for my suggestions/ideas for quests? Slind ok'd me helping with quests since there is a lot left to do and the quests are going to need updating if the mods like botania get updated.

7. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:

Alright, do you know of another mod or maybe a plugin that could add/emulate an infinite tank? We would really like to add the tank for performance reasons, so if TE is decided against, we would need another way.

8. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:16 PM
    use the huge sanguancy tanks and power nbt them every so often

9. bigbluu722

Local Time:
    Added you to the community slack private channel.
    -V

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    I remember Caith expressly not wanting TE and EU for the reasons i listed
    The thing with this, though, is that caith liked the progression, also: the mek pump isn't effective up to the t5-6 mark, making it useless anyways, the thing i found was best was to make 2 altars and have one sap out of the other, one produce, one use, trust me, it worked
    This is exactly what i was saying, thank you benny ;)

Bennyboy1695 likes this.
  11. Bennyboy1695

Local Time:
    Theres probably a CommandHelper script that could be written to keep a Sanguimancy tank at full capacity instead of adding mods for a server side only item

profrags likes this.
  12. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:16 PM
    I completely agree with Chugga and Benny, please try to maintain the "look and feel" of the pack. TE would totally destroy that.

As for uncommon mods: One example would be Foundry and the partially disabled Tinkers, where you need to make casts with Bloodmagic Alchemy to use them then with Foundy to get your Tinkers Parts. I really liked that concept.

Minor suggestions: Get rid of that annoying laughing sound when completing a quest, I want the traditional HQM sound back. ^^

What I especially liked about the pack is the way progression is set up. You grind a lot to reach a certain tier of blood altar, but once you get the tier it is easy to produce the stuff you need for another altar of the same tier. (e.g. where you need to get Wither Skeleton Skulls for Tier 5, but with Tier 5 you can then make the seeds that produce those skulls). I really like that concept. You could even make the different tiers initially much harder.

Not sure why we would need Extra Utilities. If you add it, please disable the watering can.

At one point I suggested bees, please totally ignore that. I had enough of bees. :D

I really liked the pumping of oceans, but of course I understand the performance issues.

pizzaluc likes this.
  13. bigbluu722

Local Time:
    Had another addition of adding multiple rewards for questbook parties. I personally didn't like that this was disabled, but I can change it if others would like to have that option for parties.
    -V

14. Arcanuo

Arcanuo Old School Poster

Local Time:
    I've always loved the way Caithleen has enforced progression, and I am positive the learning, easy, progression style will continue.

I have some questions about Witchery. I'll PM you because I have some questions about where you were headed, but based on the Questline I can see what you were doing, and I don't want to ruin that. If you don't mind.

15. Bennyboy1695

Local Time:
    I believe it was disabled just like on galactic science because some of the rewards if combined with your partners rewards would allow you to complete the next quest just from what you received as a reward, but not 100% sure on that.

No that's fine :)

16. profrags

profrags Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    So far I havnt seen any quests that are completable just by getting 2 rewards from the previous quest.

I agree with multiple rewards being enabled because I rather not be forced to make 2 of most things just to progress in the quest book at the same pace as our teammate.
    For example, the blood Dynamo quest requires you to craft a blood Dynamo and you probably have just enough resources to get by and make a few other things but then you realize you have to repeat that same exact tedious process just so your teammate can complete the quest!

17. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    this was also intended to prevent abuse, there are ways to get around this config though, easily abusable ways
    the draconic quests are like this

18. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Well, if multiple rewards are added, we can certainly change the rewards/requirements as to not allow this to happen. For the few quests it does apply to.

19. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    the rewards themselves are REALLY usefull... and there is a way around it by joining/leaving parties, trust me, as these quests are all chaining eachother, and you need one to make the other, i wouldn't change it

20. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Well if it's so easy to bypass the restriction, then the restriction really isn't needed ;)

other packs have multiple rewards and do just fine. See no real reason to not have them here. Caith just liked doing it. It's the same for GS.

profrags likes this.