1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immortal, Resistance modifier Environmental Tech

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Sir_Oj, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:17 PM
    Hello,

I play on the Revelation server and got a Personal Nano Bot Beacon from Environmental Tech. I was testing different modifiers in single player. I wanted to test what the best health boost, regen or damage reduction was. I found the following results:
    Regen modifier: Gives regen status effect stacks maxium of 6 times.
    Resistance modifier: Reduces damage by 20% each level. does not work on void damage
    Health Boost modifier: Gives 4 health max health (so 2 hearts) each level, stacks maxium of 6 times.
    Abosoption modifier: Gives 4 extra health (so 2 hearts) each level, stacks maxium of 6 times. They do regen, but will not regen your normal health.

Few extra notes:
    Regen 5 is strong enough to survive in lava and in the void
    Resistance 5 makes you immune to damage except void dammage. You still get the damage sound, animation and knock back.

So my conclusing is as long as you don't fall in the void, you can be immune to any damage with resistance 5. So no need for any armour or anything. Ofc some armour can avoid the annoying dammage sound, annimation and knock back, but other than that no need to wear it for survival.

Now I only tested the resistance modifier against standard mobs and the wither.
    So my question is does anyone know any mob or an other situation where the resistance modifier does/might now work?
    One mob I'm really curious about is the chaos dragon. But I'm intrested in any mob/boss or situation that you can come up with in which the resistence modifier might fail.

TLDR:
    5 Resistance modifiers from Environmental Tech make you immune to dammage except Void dammage. Please help me find other exceptions.

Resistance works on:
    Standard mobs
    Lava
    Drowning
    The Wither

Not tested yet:
    Ender Dragon (I assume it will work)

Does not work for:
    Chaos Dragon (works on his standard fire ball attacks but other attacks still insta kill you)
    The Void
    /kill command

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018