1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Possible Increase the area that is regenerated on claim deletion.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Willshaper, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:51 PM
    Hi.

Is it possible to increase the area that regenerated whenever a claim is reset?

It is said that the claims are regenerated, in order to have a "fresh overworld" and less laggy server. But one of these are not accurate, namely the "fresh overworld".

Often times, players do not claim their entire building area, meaning that when a claim resets, there's a high likelihood that the area is only halfway reset, leaving huge ugly swathes of land, often times much uglier than before the reset, that no sane player would ever want to build at.

These areas also often leftover machines and chests, meaning that even if i didn't care about the destroyed area, i would not be allowed to build there until it's reset, since i did not build the leftover stuff.

I know that i could request for these areas to be manually regenerated, but when i join a server for the first time, I'm not about to make a ticket for a regeneration, then wait a few days for it to be done, before i start playing.

Another issue with claim regeneration that i have noticed, is that Thaumcraft Rifts do not get deleted, making the area uninhabitable.

Here are a few mild examples:

Screenshot by Lightshot

Screenshot by Lightshot

Screenshot by Lightshot

Zyrade likes this.
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    Thaumcraft rifts go away on their own so they don't really matter too much.

3. Willshaper

Willshaper Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    4:51 PM
    That's only if the area is actually loaded. Why would i ever wanna settle in an area with rifts and deal with those?

My claim on E2E N1 was deleted like 3 months ago, and the rift is still there.

4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    I kinda forgot about that, there is a way to remove them on your own if you're expanding though, and small rifts don't do much, and large rifts can literally disappear whenever they want to.