1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Increasing Instability

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by egons_ghost, Dec 9, 2017.

1. egons_ghost

egons_ghost Build Team

Local Time:
    4:46 PM
    Today I logged into the Forever Stranded server and met with constant disconnects or when I login the server would delay me posting anything in regards to questions or even a simple /tps command. With an approximate 30_45sec delay I was sure that the server was being ddosed or something. So i reached out to Staff to help me with the issue.
    I knew I was playing on it the day before with no issues or delays till last night when the lags started happening again but increasingly got worse.

I went down in a elevator and then Bungied to the floor so that no matter where I went it popped me back to the same spot till I had to log out then back in to repair the issue. Then I went through the shuttle door and I was bungied there also. What is going on this just doesn't happen. I was met with staff that told me my firewall was the issue and not the server or my ISP was throttling me. Confused I said that I would look into it. Well after I spent 3 hours on the phone trying to get more information from them, it turns out that They have no intentions from doing anything of throttling on my dedi line because I am not even reaching my caps.

Waited without doing anything to my PC and Firewall and talked to my technician
    - Ping test is good with a 27ms to google
    - Firewall is Opt out and not blocking anything
    - Speed test shows me in good standings
    - Whats that? He tries to go to same server and gets the booting thing all the time and he has different ISP.

- Is it possible that it is on our FS island that is lagging us out specifially if so we need help please.

Egon

2. egons_ghost

egons_ghost Build Team

Local Time:
    lmao After restart of the program apparently I am having fun in my brain lol

3. Damadark

Damadark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have played many servers for Minecraft alone of many years. Egon contacted me saying he is having trouble getting on the Forever Stranded server we have been playing on for over a month. He explained that the staff that was online claimed it was his firewall or his ISP throttling his service. As a 8 year ISP tier 2 tech call center veteran I know internet systems. After checking his game settings, his CPU, Ram, Ping rates, Speed tests, windows firewall, antivirus, spyware, Java, graphics frame rate, and reinstalling Forever Stranded nothing has changed.

I have been also experiencing slow downs in the game until last night when the server has crashed and restarted multiple times. Yet when it works fine we can get online in 10 seconds on average and can play right away. So after all the checks to his game and PC plus trying to join myself it takes me 40 seconds to get into the server and i can only see stars. Then it takes forever to load even a few chunks before it crashes me out and shows me playing the game that I am not even joined to any longer.

Unless The server is blocking Canadians (which I doubt) it is not our computers or ISP causing this which leave something isn't right with the server. We both would like to continue playing the game which we have been enjoying. Can a staff member check our island for any lag sources and pop them if it is just us. Otherwise please check the server because something is clearly interfering with it's normal operations.

4. Unholydarkgod

Unholydarkgod Active Member

Local Time:
    3:46 PM
    for some reason the server is restarting over and over in a 5 mint spand time

5. Tipsied

Tipsied Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:46 PM
    I can see what I can do at this moment. This may be a unique issue that may require further investigation. But let me see if I can provide any immediate lag relief now.
    [doublepost=1512799032,1512797570][/doublepost]I was on for about 30 min and didn't notice any real issues (although I was just running around punching mobs). The server also did not restart in this time. I checked out your base @egons_ghost and @Damadark and also experienced no lag. It may be harder to pinpoint the lag source than we think. We'll continue to monitor it as it may be a certain player. Please keep us updated here as there is nothing I can do at this moment since there is no lag for me.

6. egons_ghost

egons_ghost Build Team

Local Time:
    Logged in before turning in for the night and still getting the same thing , no change .

Good Night
    [doublepost=1512839719,1512801125][/doublepost]Good Morning all, Today I logged in and my lag on the Forever stranded server has me puzzeled beyond the normal. I found a great support on another FS servers out there and found some pipes that if connected could cause lags. so I logged in and looked around to see if I could see such pipes to no avail. Then they stated about mods that could be conflicting when installed together so I ripped out "Everything" back to scratch (lost alot of single player maps too but have copies) and reinstalled just the mods I needed and logged in and still the same result.

What if the chunk is corrupted and that is the reason why it ONLY happens to me and Dama is what I am thinking. Called Damadark about my findings and between the 2 of us came to a conclusion to kick him from the island to see if he experiences the same issues.
    If not we will start moving everything over there. So it could be the chunk for some reason corrupted.
    Damadark is having issues logging in enough to see the new findings.
    While waiting.............
    - Also there is a block that was given to me called "Infinite Water Source" (Pressure Pipe Mod) that maybe from me putting it into a chest has caused some issues or maybe it was a dupe that I didnt know about. Waited the 22sec to open the chest and I threw it at the cactus to destroy it.
    - It crashed me out to Desktop and I waited and signed back in then waited another 20sec to check the chest - and it was gone

- Typed /tps waited over 37sec for it to post - WOW
    Start-Run-CMD ping stranded.mineyourmind.net -t
    Packets: Sent = 21 Rec'd =19 Lost =2 (9% loss)
    Minimum = 94ms, Maximum = 115ms , Average = 109ms

Damadark was finally able to sign in.
    he is stateing that he is only seeing stars when signing in and cannot leave the island.
    finally after 2min showed up on my screen then he typed /spawn and left after another 2min of waiting in the same spot finally left
    He is stateing that he can only see Stars now for 2.5min so far.
    had him run a ping to google.com
    Sent=4 Recd=4 loss =0
    Minimum = 13ms, Maximum = 19ms , Average = 16ms
    - Had him ping Mineyourmind
    ping stranded.mineyourmind.net
    Packets: Sent = 4 Rec'd =4 Lost =0 (0% loss)
    Minimum = 117ms, Maximum = 191ms , Average = 144ms

So he still sees stars but can't move
    he then sees a msg on his screen that Masterdisaster01 died and only the text
    and with no delay heard him or someone arrive in spawn and run away.

I am thinking that both Damadark and I are glitched in some messed up way.
    ~slams head to desk~
    thinking about next step

...........................................................................to be continued

7. Damadark

Damadark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I preformed the infinite ping test to "stranded.mineyourmind.net -t" recommended to be tried by Egons_ghost to see what results I would get. To my surprise after 50 pings you guys get 8 packet loss and 118-189ms. I also ran a ping of the same kind to several other servers like www.purple.com with 0 loss after 50 pings at 24-56ms results on all then.

I'm sorry to say it but there is definantly something not right on the mineyourmind.net . Packet loss can account for allot of the issues we are experiencing but it's unusual to be selective to some players. Hope this info helps.

8. egons_ghost

egons_ghost Build Team

Local Time:
    Hmmmm
    The only thing that I can think of is a "Reset Character Data"!!!

Anyone?

9. Tipsied

Local Time:
    It's worth a try. Our @Administrator team can delete your player data to see if it helps.

10. egons_ghost

egons_ghost Build Team

Local Time:
    Please go ahead and do so I have resources on me that can be rebuilt with time again.

~~When done can you confirm in here so I can login please and Thank you.~~

My next step is a hard one but wont be a first and that is to fully "RESTART" the island all over again. The only other answer to me right now really. Unless something else comes up sadly its the only other solution I think I have left.
    [doublepost=1512857857,1512842564][/doublepost]Ok so something interesting is happening now. I stopped playing forever stranded and went back to my CRASH LANDING to play on there and guess what?! its doing the exact same thing over there as it is here in forever stranded WTF!?

11. Brandonmeens

Brandonmeens Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i also have the exact same problems, lowered security on my router, deleted port forwarding as suggested on different forums, with zero change, it seems like when theres more than one person on the server it starts to crash and all the horrible things.
    Also egons, i did the exact same, went to my crash landing and did the same thing.
    Google Docs - create and edit documents online, for free.
    heres my startup console text (over 300 pages ik)
    i read maybe it has something to do with player morphs? saw a couple forums saying once it was reset the player didnt experience the issue, maybe try that?
    [doublepost=1512866744][/doublepost][Solved] Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed | Feed the Beast

forums i went to read, first one says the players player.dat file had to be deleted and the problem was fixed?

12. egons_ghost

egons_ghost Build Team

Local Time:
    Sooooooo um yeah I am sorry ahead of time for this but I signed on to FS to see if hopefully my player data files was reset and to my surprise it wasnt. ~Sigh~ So I took matters into my own hands yet again and with all the stuff that I have done on my side it has NOTHING to do with my PC, Modem or router Any of my settings or software in the least and I KNOW this for a FACT.

It turns out that I went to another server that was offering the forever stranded also (among many,pfft"<-See Sarcasm") signed in with no issue and played without any issue at all. ~wahhhhh~
    I DO NOT want to play at any other server because I love it here. .........................................................

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  13. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    allrighty *cracks knuckles* lets give this a shot *breaths back like the seagul meme* 1. have you tried unistalling all of the mym folder i do mean ALL OF IT 2. make sure it your router/cord because that may be a probable cause 3. if your using a antivirus program disable it if your playing mc 4. contact your internet provider and ask them for assistance because your service might be backloged 5. if none of the above works then this is beyound my 5 years of awful wifi experience

14. Tipsied

Local Time:
    I'm more impressed with the fact that you not only found another network with forever stranded but many! I thought FS was unique to MYM as it is not meant to be a multiplayer pack therefore not normally offered.

Either way, our admins will reset your player data when they get the chance. Hopefully, this fixes your troubles. Thank you for your continued patience as we get this sorted out.

15. egons_ghost

egons_ghost Build Team

Local Time:
    You are actually correct and I honestly posted that incorrectly. (It made sense in my head) <Also I keep forgetting Sarcasm can not be read well lol>I have means to play on a hosted server site to which I could download. I played on my single player without issues also on one other server (withholding the name but ask if you want it. I hide nothing from staff) It is unique to MYM unless you have the ability to host it yourself meaning extracting files onto desktop yaddy yaddy yaddy.

Sorry for miscommunication and being tired
    Deepest apologies
    Didnt mean to over step
    [doublepost=1512882053][/doublepost]
    Read above before posting please we have already been down all of those avenues. But thank you
    [doublepost=1512925787,1512881873][/doublepost]Wow. Good Morning All problem solvers. I dont know what you did but Im working again and so is Damadark. Posting to chat is fast and opening chests again, logging onto server are all back to normal and fast. Please let me know what you did. Please?

Also Big Thanks goes to Tipsied For all the hardwork that you did for us! Thank you

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Brandonmeens likes this.
  16. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    Hello, as you have said your issue has been resolved, I am going to go ahead and mark this as closed, please let us know if you need further assistance!
    Happy Gaming
    ~Grey