1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity 6 World Destruction Case

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Sandstroem, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:15 PM
    Hello dear MyM Players on IN6,

today between 21:30 pm and 22:30 pm german local time (8:30 pm UTC - 9:30 pm UTC) a player decided to go on a rampage with his Draconic Staff Of Power in the overworld, destroying a massive amount of blocks and also parts of some bases.

After consulting with @Werwolfi_de , we have decided that we will try to regen the affected landscapes to their natural state as best as we can. Unfortunately this does not restore affected bases.

If your base has been affected by this grief, please report here with the coordinates of your base and our friendly admin team will have a look, whether we can rollback the affected chunks.

Please also note that this only relates to bases affected by this specific grief, we will make sure to verify all claims of being a victim of this particular griefer.

Sandstroem

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    10:15 AM
    Sheesh. First time I've heard of someone straight abusing Draconic Evo for the purposes of griefing. And this is why we can't have nice things ._.

3. U92

U92 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:15 PM
    I'm surprised that there isn't any ability to roll back this sort of thing. I've been griefed on N6 and N1 the past year, and I received a chest of what items could be retrieved. Accordingly, this also left the remnants of a lovely hole in the ground, or other creative designs of approach. Is there a fundamental limitation to what our staff can undo?

I'm sure I'm used to rolling back vanilla servers. Thanks for the insights!! <3

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. Nebulize

Nebulize Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Geez wreck it Ralph

CatArcher likes this.
  5. IsHayden

IsHayden Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    some people just have no respect for others :l

6. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Vanilla is a little more straightforward than nodded. While we can roll things back depending on numerous factors it can take a few minutes to several hours. If you're the only player in a region simple, if you're in a town with sixteen players and half are effected that takes a more surgical approach. You always have to remember things like world edit and mcedit don't understand modded blocks.

CatArcher and U92 like this.
  7. Papers

Papers Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:15 PM
    Just ban him?

8. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    They likely already did. Now they are trying to reverse some of the damage that he/she caused.

9. Papers

Papers Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:15 PM
  10. p5k

p5k Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    No idea if this counts, but he destroyed parts of his subdivision inside my claim (+647 | 63 |+842), which was also partially Veale01's sudivision. A small bit of land next to my claim has also been destroyed
    (I have since removed the player from the claim)

CatArcher likes this.
  11. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    6:15 PM
    Is this still an issue for 1.12+? I can understand modded blocks causing problems in 1.7, though.

12. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    please keep this thread to the topic. if someone was affected the player has to notify us and we will look what we can do

13. LilDj903

LilDj903 New Member

Local Time:
    Dang. Best of luck to everyone effected.

14. Cesqarsk

Cesqarsk Non-minecraft player

Local Time:
    2:15 PM
    Wow, and I expecting that RM morningstars already did lots of damage...

15. havoc64

havoc64 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:15 PM
    The Staff of Power has far too much power though, starting as 7x7x7 and being upgradable to 15x15x15. Even if you wall something in with indestructible blocks such as warded glass, the staff's AOE will leave the indestructible blocks untouched but still destroy the blocks behind them. I'm not sure if they can claim bypass or not.

Awakened Ichor pickaxe is just as bad but in a different way in that it has much less range, but, can destroy anything, even blocks not meant to be destroyed via mining such as warded glass if they're hit by the aoe. Really wish the mod developers would consider these things.

Rohen likes this.