1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing the Patron Subscription Rank

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirWill, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:45 PM
    Over the last couple of weeks I have been working on a new subscription based rank which features perks like early access to new servers and tokens for daily logins.

Why?
    Since 1.10 the amount of new players joining MyM has been dropping steadily. This trend has been global, seen by all major modded minecraft networks. Further our opportunities to monetize the 1.10 servers are limited, the well thought through system we have on our 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 servers, still isn't possible on 1.10, due to the server softwares API not offering the required features for us to port the system. This cuts the income in half with a downwards trend due to the global decreasing interest in 1.7.10 and 1.6.4.

While we can still maintain MyM with the savings from mid 2016, we can't in the long run. We upgraded our hardware and amount of dedicated servers during the peak period in 2016 where we had up to 600 concurrent players, nowadays we only peak 300. Hence we considered reducing the amount of dedicated servers by a third, which would also mean shutting down a third of our servers (1.10 got more resource hungry and the avg. players on each server is less).
    But with some research we noticed that the amount of "old" MyM players increased while the amount of new player heavily decreased. Frankly this was the point were we started thinking, wouldn't it be better to offer a way to support MyM in the long run, for those that love MyM, can afford it and have been with us for many many months if not years.

The Patron Subscription
    When desigining the new subscription based patron rank, it was very important for us to keep the well known and very old Tier ranks sound. We do not want to remove any of their value and we do not want the new rank to compete with it. In fact we want it to be unique. So ultimately we came up with this:
    • Early access to new servers
    • Increased inactivity reset time
    • Vote Tokens for daily logins
    • A new Title and a name color that stands out
    • A highlighted avatar on the forums
    Making sure that the rank doesn't offer anything which could make it difficult to cancel. **We really want it to be a way for our long standing members to financially support MyM in the long run and to provide a consistent income.**

Final Say
    We put a lot of work into the design of this new rank and hope that you agree with it being a good and fair balance. It providing a reason to spend the money without providing gameplay advantage over players who can not or do not want to invest money.

If you enjoy MyM and can afford the rank without any financial drawback we would very much appreciate your support. :)

Edit: Because of some technical issues it us currently not possible to buy the rank but this should be fixed soon.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  2. RuhRoo

RuhRoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:45 PM
    I like to see the Founders thinking of future events, and being proactive trying to keep the server alive.

Thanks to you, and all the staffs dedicated hard work keeping up with all the changes.

3. VapenMods

VapenMods Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:45 PM
  4. All_Mighty_POWA

All_Mighty_POWA Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:45 PM
    I think this is a really good idea :) I was just wondering what exactly are vote tokens ^^

5. Tabsz

Tabsz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:45 PM
    Vote tokens currently are the little message that tells me I have not voted today, correct? Isn't the ultimate point of that system to drive traffic to the server?

As for the other "perks" of the new rank,

Early access to new servers - That's a nice idea
    Increased inactivity reset time - Don't we get that just by purchasing a Tier rank?
    A new Title and a name color that stands out - Don't we get that just by purchasing a Tier rank?
    A highlighted avatar on the forums - Is that similar to the current point system that displays below our name?

Since the gateway appears to be down, what would the monetary amounts be?

6. BloodRedOne

BloodRedOne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:45 PM
    Either offer daily credits or bring us crates.

7. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:45 PM
    You can buy it for the shop?

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Seems to be an buycraft bug, looking into it.

No, you don't get that with a tier rank.
    You only have the + and orange title but your name stays green. With Patron your name is yellow.
    This is how it looks like atm: TestThread | MineYourMind Community

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  9. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    4:45 PM
    Looks good to me but some people may not like the yellow/orange. Would there be a way to customize the color?

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    At the moment there is not.

11. All_Mighty_POWA

All_Mighty_POWA Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:45 PM
    I don't think that'll be a good idea, cause then ppl might get confused about the whole color coding (especially if new colours are added in the future :p)

SirWill likes this.
  12. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:45 PM
    When will the payment gateway - 404 thing be fixed?[DOUBLEPOST=1494608813][/DOUBLEPOST]Im anxious to buy :D

13. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Not sure, waiting on buycraft support.

14. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    will be donating as soon as its back up :)

15. Delerium76

Delerium76 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:45 PM
    Is there any info on eta of when and how often new servers would be put in? That kinda defines how much of a perk "early access to new servers" would be, which is the only perk listed that I would be interested in. Right now, I don't play on MyM simply because there's really nothing new to play. I'm not sure if you considered that in your data gathering, but that's my reason. Anyway, cheers.

16. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Currently, there is no exact or planned ETA for "A new server will be launched every x days". Also, there will be an announcement in the announcement section if a new server will be coming to the MyM network.

Thank you for asking questions, and if you have any more, feel free to ask here, and myself or another staff member will try and answer your question to the best of our abilities.

ProperChilli likes this.
  17. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    When MYM has a pack that works in VR, im in. Just cant play 2d minecraft anymore, VR ruined it for me. I only know of one 1.10 pack for VR and it private right now

18. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It is unlikely that VR minecraft, will ever become popular to the point of us hosting a server.

19. Ubidibity

Ubidibity Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:45 PM
    On the subject of server consolidation, maybe a revenue item could be a base migration. Something like $x per chunk to world edit it from x,y,z of IN6 to x,y,z of IN7 (or IN6 to IN4 if lag's bad).

While you probably want a moratorium on new servers for a certain number of months, once it's 'aged' appropriately allowing better player portability between worlds, especially if you're deciding a third of them are going away would make it nearly painless to move your base from the IN4 world to the IN6 world when it's decided that IN4 has to go away...? Or something like the WoW model where only certain servers can consolidate to a specific set of replacement servers to assist in consolidating without forcing users to start over.

Or I've even been on servers where you could move just your inventory, so essentially "whatever you can carry" so long as you don't overflow your player metadata...that could be a thing I'd pay for.

I also realize this is only for 1.6 to 1.6 or 1.7 to 1.7 servers, I don't expect portability from 1.7 to 1.10 where block ID's change and modpacks aren't even the same...

20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Very true. Seeing as 1.10 is the current go to and soon 1.11 starting to kick off, it is too late for that.
    Btw. we had connected servers (sharing the inventory) before but ultimately stopped using it because the benefit wasn't that big and it came with issues regarding mods which don't store their data in the players file, e.g. blood magic.
    Copying with worldedit, doesn't work properly with modded blocks because modded items contain more information than just the item id and meta id. Hence copying machines, cables... usually breaks them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.