1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an Easier way to Get/Make Sponge?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Rexarc, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    9:20 AM
    Im on Omnifactory, and lately i have been trying to get my hands on some sponges. wandered for hours in the Farmworld to no avail. tried setting my scanner to search for them but the only ping i found was through the world border. though when investigating other pings they were duds so im lax to trust the scanner. any easier way to make sponges or find the ocean temples?

2. OceanDemon

OceanDemon New Member

Local Time:
    8:20 AM
    Well I’m on bteam and it has the openblocks mod on it. If your mod pack has openblocks on it you can make green sponges which work the same with a slime ball and block of wool. If your mod pack doesn’t have openblocks maybe you can check the server store and see if anyone’s selling sponges.

3. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    Post says i'm on omnifactory. also The Store works again? Last i checked the market's been down for years.

4. CN_Armor

CN_Armor Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    9:20 PM
    It usually depends on the pack, but in vanilla base game you find them in under water shrines. If your server's farmworld doesn't have one then I don't know.

5. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    I've already gone to the Modpacks' github and suggested it, apparently it's being worked on/done, and a recipe'll be there in the update along with the nerf to builder's helpers.

6. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    2:20 PM
    Update is already out

7. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    Oh? When do we update? been looking forward to getting my hand on some sponge for a while.

8. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Not sure. There was a discussion in the patron channel that we might reset the server, but @Aidoneus should know more.

I think it would be cool to set the server to peaceful, which is an option that works according to the pack description. At the same time reducing the amount of cities might be cool since it feels like one endless city with no space in between. But those are just my personal suggestions.

9. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    personally i'd rather not reset, as im just now hitting into Hv and i've spent ages setting up automation ^^'. i dont much mind bout the peaceful/not thing 'cuz i've lit my area up to hell and back.

10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The peaceful was more about the fact that the progression becomes more interesting.

Reset or not, the quest book was heavily changed so I will restart anyway. Maybe keep my coins.

11. Rexarc

Rexarc The Alchemist

Local Time:
    Fair. I think personally i'd keep my things but go through the questbook and 'refresh' myself on how things are meant to go. bit o' backtracking never hurt. also yeaa that'd make stuff like deep mob learning.. wait wouldn't it just Bork it though? Since you need to kill a mob w/ the sword with the scanner equipped to Attune keys for that whole system.