1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Island Deleter added to CL

Discussion in 'Crash Landing' started by AceOfBases, Jun 22, 2018.

1. AceOfBases

AceOfBases CDO: OCD alphabetized as it ought to be.

Local Time:
    4:36 AM
    I see in the changelogs that IslandDeleter was ported to 1.6 and added to CL. Does that mean that Crash Landing now has the two week, no login reset?

If so, one of the most glorious things about MyM, and a reason I come back again and again will be gone. I really appreciated that CL didn't have a timer. My base still brings me back time and again.

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    It's 3 months atm as it doesn't check for patron but this might change in the future.

3. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The island deleter actually is a good thing, since even though they are not chunkloaded old bases contribute to lag. I heavily noticed that when the 1.7 deleter got fixed and suddenly infinity skyblock became lag free.

4. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    I fail to concur on the benefits of Island Deleter for Crash Landing, but it's a moot argument that's been hashed out a thousand times in these forums. I don't see a benefit on that server. It is what it is.

I heard from a non-authoritative source that all servers share a common timer, so logging into any server resets the timer on all servers. Is this correct, and, if so, is it also effective through the port to 1.6? In short, I'd love to see an official post from senior staff/admins that clarifies how that system works, if it is present at all, maybe stickied somewhere?

Addendum: If a player hasn't logged into CL for the last 3 months, did their base just get deleted, or does the timer start now?

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    No, you have to login to each server to count as active player on there.

6. AceOfBases

Local Time:
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Please take a moment to send a message to all staff to that effect, or at least to Junior Mod SkylerNight (sp?) clarifying that so that he may stop spreading incorrect information. I have no idea where he got the idea that such a thing existed, but that's what he put in chat last night to a player on GS and I wasn't able to adequately correct that before the player logged off.

7. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    7:36 AM
    Hello,
    I am going to mark this as closed as it appears that all issues and questions have been resolved.
    If you still need help, please let us know.
    ~Grey