1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Issue with chunk loader

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by Victor_Psycho, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Victor_Psycho

Victor_Psycho Active Member

Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    Hello,

Typically I use an iron or gold chunk loader in a 3x3 area and it almost always costs an upkeep of 45. Today however when I logged into the Galactic Science server I went to go check my chunk loader balance and noticed that my upkeep was 105 for the same 3x3 area. I disabled it and ran around checking chunk by chunk as to what the actual cost was by picking up and replacing my chunk loader throughout the area. What I found is that an area of eight or so oak trees all fully infested by silkworms had increased the cost of that chunk from the normal 5 upkeep to an upkeep of 60. I removed the trees and the leaves which resulted in the cost of the chunk reducing to an upkeep of 5, and the cost of my 3x3 area dropped back to 45.

I've never dealt with the backside of the chunk loader program so I can only guess as to the reason why this occurred, however I'm willing to bet this wasn't intended by whoever established the upkeep costs.

Just fyi,
    Victor

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:11 AM
    The more entities you have in an area, the higher the ticket cost. In this case those silk worms munching on leaves are counted against the cap of entities.

3. Victor_Psycho

Victor_Psycho Active Member

Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    I kinda figured it was something along those lines, just seemed a bit out of place. Thinking as a resource manager, if its costing resources it does make sense to treat it the same regardless of what it is.

Not seeing how I can close this, if I can't then please mark it down as functioning as intended.

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:11 AM
    Issue has been resolved and marked as done.