1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving MyM as community but only for JUNE. Maybe longer, idk.

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by LordEreh, Jun 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:29 PM
    Please dont respond to this topic. It's just my statement, I wont respond nor read what will show up. Best if staff lock the thread.

Why MyM's very Doge leave you ask?

For some time I am displeased by staff actions but this is the last straw that breaks the camel's back.
    MyM always advertise itself as "Family friendly community" but this month MyM broke this statement.

In my opinion, joining in "celebrating" the so-called Pride Month is contrary to the claim of being "family friendly". Until now, the staff kept others from political or religious discussions, so why this time, staff who should be neutral in order to make objective decisions get mixed up in such a controversial topic?

I wouldn't be so embittered with this decision if there was a poll "Do you agree to MyM changing its logo for Pride Month to show support for LGBTQ+?" but instead staff, I dont know if whole but I assume the majority, have decided that our entire community will be associated with this issue without any dialogue with us players.
    It is not the first that the staff do things that affect the entire community without telling us anything.

This time I'm fed up.
    I'm not against LGBTQ+, i'm not homophobe, i'm not racist but i'm not longer tolerate the hypocrisy of staff who say they want dialogue with players and then ignore our opinions and do whatever they want.
    This has been happening for several years now. I ask staff to think about the path MyM should follow because what you are doing is not right path.

I hope to see you again in July,
    LordEreh, not longer MyM's very Doge.

Please dont respond to this topic. It's just my statement, I wont respond nor read what will show up. Best if staff lock the thread.

Millerbug1922 likes this.
  2. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    8:29 AM
    LordEreh is welcome to read this response or not, that is up to them, however I want to make a response for anyone else reading.

Pride month is there to celebrate and make lgbt more socially acceptable because historically, and even still today in much of the world it isn't. Yes, a lot of corporations do go heavy on the rainbow use during June, but this is not about forcing others to "convert" to being lgbt, but to just accept us for who we are.

Being lgbt doesn't make you suddenly not family friendly, in fact it is as family friendly as being hetero is. All it is, is who you love, and who you are. As for being political, and controversial, that is only because, generally politicians and members on the right make it political, but there is nothing inherently about it that is political.

Our goal is to make MYM an inclusive network where people from all types of backgrounds, religions, and orientations can come and be them self, and not fear being attacked for something they cannot change. And having a pride icon for June is a way of showing our users who are, that, while we may not know exactly who they are, or how they fit in the rainbow, but they are welcome to be here just as much as everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.