1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Less frequent server saves/backups. [The Dark Trilogy]

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Elite_Cow, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Elite_Cow

Elite_Cow Active Member

Local Time:
    4:08 AM
    First off I love this server and am enjoying it very much as it is my first REAL FTB server. To show my gratitude I have donated multiple times twice on my account once on my wifes account and once for a user who helped me when I first started..
    THIS IS FOR THE DARK TRILOGY SERVER.

I see a problem with the frequent saves and backups it is causing unnecessary block lag. I get it, FTB is bulky and there is going to be lag sometimes but most of the lag is tolerable.

When ever the server:
    Saves (5 second back block)
    Server Backup (10 second back block)
    Removed items (2-5 second back block)
    Removes Mobs (3-7 second back block)

Gif

The server chokes each time these things happen. When it is not doing a task it runs 100% fine but once it does one of those task it chokes and back blocks. This extremely unpleasing while mining and is really frustrating. I know these tasks have to be completed but I feel like they happen to often! I think a server backup and save should happen every 30m or even an hour. Remove items and mobs every 15m - 30mins.

Currently these tasks are running about every 5 mins - 10 mins. It makes it increasingly difficult to enjoy at some points.

Please take my feedback and try it out, even if it is for a day please lets try this.. As said before I love the server and my only hope is too reduce this back blocking..

If you support/feel the same way please post to help this happen..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
  2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    10:08 AM