1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions Needed Longterm community pack ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Sandstroem, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:24 PM
    So I was wondering how to prolong the longevity of packs.

I was a bit inspired by the oldest anarchy server in mc, which has a long history mainly because builds don't get autodeleted.

So my idea was to have a server where when your claim protection goes bye bye after 2 weeks inactivity but doesn't reset the structure. Everything unclaimed would be allowed for grabs.

The idea is to get more stuff built. People could continue to build on cities and infrastructure without it getting reset.

Maybe you have more ideas how to prolong a back and make people stay to build cool stuff. Of course there are always those not interested in building but that is OK.

I remember back on civ, as many flaws the pack had, we still had some community going.

saabnoxe and Fireforce like this.
  2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:

Ummm...... do you ever come by into direwolf20 and tekkit legends servers? There is plenty of unfinished/raided bases - use /rt and in 70% to step upon on some1's old base in ~1000 in any direction

Aerydar likes this.
  3. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:24 PM
    That may be true, but eventually they grief the wrong base someone reports it and then some poor sr mod+ cleans it up a bit. I like the idea, but then again I still play on the oldest anarchy server in minecraft too. The issue we have here and they don't suffer from is they have one server with a world well into the terabytes of size at this point without a real world border, instead they have hit the theoretical limit of a world border. If we opened the flood gates to a more griefing tolerated server with the ability to destroy in general you'd be looking at a world of bedrock and obsidian within weeks.

4. LordEreh

Local Time:
    you forgot about lava everywhere at surface and around the spawn

5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The one time we had our anarchy server open I dug a trench around spawn five wide so you couldn't quite jump across and lava cast it... welcome to anarchy boys

6. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not to mention if bases didn't reset there wouldn't be anything stopping a new player from finding a abandoned base and claiming it for
    themselves. Trust me nothing would be more annoying then to log on to a server and find out your base is owned by someone else

7. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Thats feature of anarchy, you can that and some1 can do that to you

8. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I don't think that we would look at a similar spawn soon. I am not saying we need an anarchy server, things like TNT etc should still be disabled.