1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to get into hqm type packs, any recommendations

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by BlazeFTB, Jul 15, 2019.

1. BlazeFTB

BlazeFTB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:30 AM
    i have never been really into quest based packs or skyblocks but would like to change that. What is a good not too crazy quest pack and a good not too crazy skyblock? Don’t say regrowth as it has to be a current server we offer. I was thinking agrarian skies 1 as skyblock and engmatica 2 expert as land based quest pack.

2. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Agrarian Skies 2 is a lot more fun and Engmatica 2 Expert is very grindy so unless you want to spend about 3 months playing one pack I wouldn't. In my opinion its more grindy then infinity evolved expert. I also wouldn't recommend playing E2E unless you can dedicate 6 to 8 GB of ram as that's usually a good place to start unless you have a uber PC then you might get away with 4

3. dailypeanut

dailypeanut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:30 AM
    i have to say i really enjoyed Project ozone 2, Regrowth would obviously be the only good choice to make so it's time we get a new Regrowth server /nods

4. AyeItsKatieMC

Local Time:
    Project Ozone 2 isn't hardcore questing they took the Kappa mode server away, It's basically a skyblock version of Infinity Evolved Normal mode now. There's a quest book but you don't have to follow it what so ever

5. UnplacedTM

UnplacedTM Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Project Ozone Lite, quest based + skyblock win win for you mister.

6. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Not many packs with good quest books right now on mym, but then again I can count the number of packs existing with good quest books on two hands.

Leaves us with good packs with quest books. I would go for as1 or po2. As2 is an unfinished pile of garbage, but apparently some people like it.
    Galactic science or crash landing are also two good skyblockish packs with quests

7. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    Dislike.

8. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Project Ozone 3 is nice if you liked Po2. There isnt a true kappa version yet, but completing all of it including endgame is kappa-ish.

Sandstroem likes this.
  9. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Forever Stranded is veri gut bc its adds more survival things into gameplay(heat!!!)
    If you want small pack for a week or 2 i recommend crash landing - old but still playable pack
    Agrarian Skies 2 and 1 are good skyblock packs with many things to do (thaumcraft, blood magic, botania, bees etc.)
    Galactic Science - for more "space" xD

Currently i'm playing Infinity Skyblock - its not hqm pack per se but it have "quest book" that aids in progression(no rewards) or more likely its TO DO list

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  10. AyeItsKatieMC

Local Time:
    Not sure when but I believe Forever Stranded is one of the servers that's being planned to be removed

11. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Your crystal ball is better than mine. I have no information about Foreverstanded being shut down anytime soon, I mean maybe it will be invaded by staff, but I don't foresee it being closed in the near future. Unless GW releases Foreverstranded 3 then we can slip it in there I suppose, but last I checked that project was a bit of a stand still.