1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Losing Reactor Fuel - No reason

Discussion in 'TPPI' started by Tomuchan, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Tomuchan

Tomuchan Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    I am having a strange problem with my big reactor. I noticed that after every crash/restart my reactor would lose around 25% of its fuel. I tried to make a similar situation by logging off and logging in after 10 minutes to see if unloading the chunk would lower my fuel - it did.

Here you can see screen shots of the reactor. Screen shot 1 shows 97%.1 full of fuel. Then I logged off and waited 10 minutes to make sure the chunk was properly unloaded and then I logged in again. Screen shot 2 is 15 minutes after logging off, you can see that my fuel level has dropped to 75.2%. 25% of fuel costs nearly 5000 yellorium ingots so it's a pretty big loss each time.

Does anyone know why this happens? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks,
    -T

2014-10-14_11.11.00.
    2014-10-14_11.17.09.

2. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    Does your reactor span multiple chunks?

3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    They are chunk loaded.

4. Tomuchan

Local Time:
    Yes it does, 32x32x32 over 4 chunks.

I don't fully understand what you mean. Yes, they are chunk loaded when I am online but they are not chunk loaded when I'm offline.

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Big Reactors are loading the chunk, so if you are offline the reactor is still running.

6. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    Ok, I guess it's a chunk load order issue then. Try building one that fits in one chunk and see if the problem is still occuring.

7. Tomuchan

Local Time:
    Oh I see, I was not aware of this. But it does not explain how so much fuel is missing in 10 minutes. The reactor has a positive gain on fuel (laser drills) if left loaded so in theory it should never go down.

I understand, I will try this out but doesn't this contradict SirWilli's post that Big Reactors maintain a chunkload?

8. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    no, the chunks still have to be loaded in some order, and if that is messed up, you might loose fuel

9. Tomuchan

Local Time:
    I understand, if that's the case I don't think there is a solution. The reactor is too big to fit in a single chunk and building it took over 3 weeks. I will leave it as is and take the 25% fuel loss rather than rebuild a new one.

Thanks for your help Xfel and SirWilli

10. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    7:07 PM
    How much power are you producing / needing? I hav a few designs that will fit inside of one chunk.
    • Passive cooled: One MFR Drill
    • Active cooled: Four MFR Drills.

11. Tomuchan

Local Time:
    Thanks for the help but I'm running 40+ laser drills. Judging from what you've said I don't think your solutions are well suited to my problem.

The passive reactor can produce about 1 million+ rf/t though it normally hovers between 700k~900k depending on energy requirements.