1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Loss Of Hunger On Pixelmon

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by BetaPetey, May 31, 2015.

1. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    5:05 AM
    Is it possible to have no loss of hunger on pixelmon because you cant really find food easily if you are just starting out?

YourMCGeek likes this.
  2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:05 AM
    I talked with @Mijikai about this. It is something that will probably stay unchanged.

3. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:05 AM
    The food bar loss was a lot worse than what is is, but it's been changed for now, and Food hardly goes down - unless I'm wrong?

4. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    Your probably correct but when im running it goes down like every second and i go through food like crazy and will run out easily

5. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Well that's supposed to happen when you run, it's not supposed to go down slow ;)

I think if it's generally wanted by the public we can look into changing it, but until then it'll be sticking as it is sorry.

6. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    Ok sounds good

7. tandiian

tandiian New Member

Local Time:
    As long as the hunger bar doesn't drop so fast that less than 5 minuets while standing still you are starving to death i think it is fine, gathering food tho is as easy as hunting Magicarp for about 2 minuets.

8. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Nope i like getting food as well.

9. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    But think about the starting players and how hard it is for them because they are just starting with a lvl 5 pokemon

10. EndavorGaming

EndavorGaming Ye Coffee Gamer <3

Local Time:
    2:05 AM
    I like getting food, it gives the game another quest/challenge to do :p

julio1237878 likes this.
  11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:05 AM
    maybe a bit more food with the starter kit?

12. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    Yes that would be nice adding maybe a half a stack or a stack of cooked meat or any other type of food in the starter kit

13. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Magikarp are usually what you fight to level up to 20 + anyway, so your Pokemon can start catching other Pokemon, so you'll be getting free food from killing Magikarp anyway.

Magikarp spawn from ranges 9 - 19
    (They don't learn an attacking move until level 15, and they can only attack after level 15 - there is a River in the spawn, so you can specifically kill Magikarp) a lot of them spawn there too.

14. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    What if all the majikarps were already killed or there were none spawning there at that time? Then what would the player do if they were starving to death?

15. Mijikai

Local Time:
    If they all die, they'll respawn as there will be no other Pixelmon spawning there, so they won't run out.
    Ask anyone, Magikarp are usually used for for a lot of stuff -

Need a Pokemon to trade-off? Magikarp
    Need a food source to farm? Magikarp
    Need a way to level up? Magikarp
    Need a quick water type that's strong? Level Magikarp and use Gyarados

16. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    4:05 AM
    Well, since keep inventory is now on, and they are just starting out, nothing would be wrong ^_^ I do /suicide all the time to re-fill hunger, and I don't loose anything

Mijikai likes this.
  17. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    I just checked spawn only 4 Majikarp are there at the moment. Also they only give you fish which on replenish 1 bar of hunger and what if they Majikarp dont drop the fish or dont drop enough?

18. Mijikai

Local Time:
    They do drop fish, goto your base and use a furnace to increase the amount of food they're increasing.
    Just like Connor noted, even if you die, your Inventory will not be lost, so if you die, you're safe and fine, so dying does not mean anything or affect anything at all.

Even though there may only be 4, that's basically 3 guaranteed Fish (They have an 80% chance to drop Fish)
    I don't see how that's an issue, when food doesn't go down fast anyway?

19. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    But what if the people who just came to the server and just started out with a lvl 5 pokemon cannot kill a majkarp because there pokemon is too weak at the time and what if someone didnt have food and was fighting a rare pokemon or a shiny pokemon i dont think they want to do /suicide or die because there hunger is gone and then they loose the pokemon all because of that? Also they dont have /back because only donators have that unless they donate

20. Mijikai

Local Time:
    If you attack a Magikarp level 14 or below, they're cannot attack back, so that's a free kill without take any damage for a level 5 +
    I'm going to end the conversation here, because everyone has disagreed, and there's no argument to fighting Magikarp with the way they spawn.

Thank you for the suggestion.