1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Low tps on server

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by KamyX123, Oct 13, 2017.

1. KamyX123

KamyX123 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:37 AM
    Forever stranded is lagging much, mobs and players movement are very laggy can any admin look at that? Also on forever stranded when im inviting friend to party he accept but he isn't in party is there any fix? we want to speak in party chat in-game.

2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's true - I was alone on server but TPS was 9 max

3. Sareena

Sareena Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:37 PM
    It's more than just low TPS.
    In the evenings (US Eastern time) I will get on and within 10 minutes the server crashes and restarts and there is a slight rollback. This is almost an every day thing, and sometimes multiple times in a row.
    I've logged on occasionally during the day as I work from home just to see if it's the same, and it usually is.
    This has been progressively getting worse as time goes by. When I first started on FS, sure there were the little problems here and there, but nothing that made it almost unplayable. And it's not like there are 30 people on the server - more like 5, which is a shame.
    I've just logged into now, there are 3 other people on.
    TPS is 1.29
    I jump in the water near my cooling coil and my temp continues to increase because of the lag. Waiting it out, which I have to, takes a bit to actually register. Chat commands take about 4 seconds to even display.
    [doublepost=1508119962,1508081135][/doublepost]More information. This evening I am online and it has been painful to say the least to do anything. The tps is at 19.81, but it took more than two minutes for that query to return anything. Anything else I do is taking forever as well, opening a chest, opening a machine - sometimes it just sort of "jumps back" - for instance, when I put a bucket of lava in a machine, it then closes the interface and I have the lave bucket back in my inv and the empty one is back in the machine.
    Something very wrong is happening on the server, and has been for a while now.

4. CrimsonSZ

CrimsonSZ Bored of being bored because being bored is boring

Local Time:
    10:37 AM
    While I haven't been playing on the server, I'm quite sure this can be attributed to
    • The number of mobs
    • The server being 1.10.2 which is still highly unstable
    • The weather effects and piles of sand
    • The number of bases with machines
    If anyone encounters anything which dropped tps even more (a machine, a certain mob) post it here so the staff can have a look.

5. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    3:37 AM
    What's your ping to the server?

6. Sareena

Local Time:
    113 MS.
    So not bad for being on another continent.
    But what does that have to do with the server crashing, restarting and rollbacks?
    My ping has no correlation to any of that.

7. EldritchGuard

EldritchGuard Active Member

Local Time:
    When i return from school ill bring this up on slack, honestly the server needs a full reset

8. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    9:37 PM
    im ok with that to be honest i mean im sure people are willing to sacrifice and play the whole pack from the start besides a full reset might help you guys find any other issues lurking in the server.

9. Tipsied

Tipsied Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:37 PM
    I can take a look into this today :)
    -Tipsied

10. EldritchGuard

Local Time:
    Thanks, afaik its been bad for a while

11. Sareena

Local Time:
    Yes, yes it has.

12. EldritchGuard

Local Time:
    well i posted the issue to the jr. admins on Slack, so the issue is hopefully under their awareness

13. Tipsied

Local Time:
    Is lag still an issue? From my random investigations, I found TPS perfectly fine. Usually I try to go on when there's 4 or more people so that I can ask if there is block lag, all players claim no. If you are still experiencing lag, let me know what times and if possible, take a screenshot of who is online. Otherwise, let us know if this is still an issue!
    -Tipsied

14. Sareena

Local Time:
    Well, last night it was horrible. Again, as I have said, TPS is not the issue. When it is completely unplayable and the server crashes and restarts, TPS is usally up around 19.

15. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Not sure what causes the issue yet, the error which shows up in the logs doesn't help a lot unfortunately.
    Code:
    [20:00:30] [Netty Epoll Server IO #12/WARN] [io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline]: An exception was thrown by a user handler's exceptionCaught() method while handling the following exception:
    java.io.IOException: Error while writev(...): Connection reset by peer
    	at io.netty.channel.epoll.Native.$$YJP$$writevAddresses(Native Method) ~[minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.channel.epoll.Native.writevAddresses(Native.java) ~[minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollSocketChannel.writeBytesMultiple(EpollSocketChannel.java:184) ~[minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollSocketChannel.doWriteMultiple(EpollSocketChannel.java:364) ~[minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollSocketChannel.doWrite(EpollSocketChannel.java:317) ~[minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.flush0(AbstractChannel.java:707) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollChannel$AbstractEpollUnsafe.epollOutReady(AbstractEpollChannel.java:248) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollSocketChannel$EpollSocketUnsafe.epollOutReady(EpollSocketChannel.java:623) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:322) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:264) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:116) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_131]

16. Sareena

Local Time:
    Need to increase the logging level, that's just a warn level message.

17. EldritchGuard

Local Time:
    i hate those crash reports

18. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Is this issue still there?

19. Sareena

Local Time:
    Most likely, I don't play as much as the lag, restarts and rollbacks make it too frustrating.

20. Tipsied

Local Time:
    I will test this out over the next couple days and see if it's still an issue. If you happen to play Sareena, let us know if you are still having issues.