1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Major Rollbacks

Discussion in 'Crackpack' started by SirWill, Mar 6, 2017.

1. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    4:14 AM

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Just tried to reproduce this. Placed few blocks did run the save and killed the server. It did save correctly.

Does this major rollbacks only happen when the server crashes or restart? (rollbacks above 15 min)
    Does it only happen when the server does have low tps?

3. Rekalty

Rekalty Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's rolled back several times, the TPS didn't seem to matter at all. One time, someone had to manually restart the server (we got a 5min warning, then 3min warning - not a 10min, 5min, 2min like the automated ones does), because the TPS was like 1.34 and still falling. At that time we lost at least an hour. Earlier today, after an automated restart, where the TPS was at like 19.33, it also rolled back, around 40-60 minutes. We've had a few other rollbacks, but I don't recall when/how bad, I do recall the server just dying for no obvious reason, and coming back on, it had rolled back a little while, nothing as sever as up to an hour like the others though. Unrelated, the server also frequently just crashes for the heck of it, made mods on the server aware, not sure if anything was ever done about that either.
    TL;DR - Doesn't only happen with low tps. Rollbacks have happened on both crashes and restarts.

4. WurgerSD

WurgerSD Team Shenanigans

Local Time:
    7:14 PM
    Prior to that restart I was teleposing a node around to make magical forest.
    When you did the restart... this happened (I just noticed)

It didn't save that the node left one of the chunks.
    It did save that it entered one of the chunks.

X: 906
    Z: 2992
    Y: 67

Attached Files:

5. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Was there a rollback with the restart few minutes ago?

6. WurgerSD

WurgerSD Team Shenanigans

Local Time:
    7:14 PM
    Checking around for blocks I have changed since the last restart. I do not see anything that failed to save on this restart.[DOUBLEPOST=1488937621,1488852256][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1488937643][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: After days of running fine (even with the number of people currently on)... its hit 7 tps and is slipping down slowly.

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    It seems this passed. Unfortunately I can't look into what caused it as we only get detailed information if we attach a profile while it happens. In case it happens again please let us know. I hope someone is around to look into that then. Sorry.

8. beebot99

beebot99 Member

Local Time:
    3:14 AM
    Just happened again, 2:37 GMT. good 20 min role-back. Lost all my thaumcraft knowledge and infusion setup plus all the scanning i went and did... Wasn't just me, was server wide. TPS was 20 when server restarted, no lag, only a few people online.

9. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Issue might be fixed now. The server was freezing on shutdown which killed the server before it could save the worlds but this still doesn't explain hours of rollback.

10. funnybunnyofdoom

funnybunnyofdoom Patron Tier 3 Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    10:14 PM
    The server started to backup right before the restart. I placed a pillar to test the restart, and after the restart that pillar was gone.

11. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    As there was not any new report about this I assume the issue is resolved.