1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCEternal Fairy Thieves.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Basian_, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Basian_

Basian_ Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    9:36 PM
    The fairies on MCEternal seem to be able to steal items from your inventory without you even realizing it.
    id like to suggest to get that feature disabled.

2. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:36 PM
    Its incredibly incredibly easy to get your items back like we told you on the server. All you have to do is punch them or deal any damage to them and they drop it again.

3. Basian_

Basian_ Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    pls read carefully before posting Kronnn...
    "without you even realizing it."
    in other words (and idk if i can say it anymore clearly than this...): they steal from you when you just so happen to pass a few of them and they steal an item in your inventory while you are focusing on something else... in my case there were 2 sirens drawing me in, so i was not really paying attention to fairies.

If you dont notice they they just stole something from you, then you can say bye bye to the item...

4. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:36 PM
    I mean, you should probably be more careful and aware of your surroundings then. MyM doesn't edit packs except where absolutely necessary, and I really don't see this being a server-breaking mechanic.

5. Basian_

Basian_ Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    ok, maybe its not a problem to you, but it might be to others.

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    It really seems like this comes down to players needing to learn the new mob's behavior. If you go near a creeper you know some stuff's gonna go down. Fairies seem to be no different in that regard.

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    Could you explain why it is a problem? I am trying to see your side but I am having difficulty doing so. This is an intended behavior so I cannot see any reason why we should even consider disabling it.

8. Basian_

Basian_ Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    cause it can easily make you lose items without even noticing it. so far ive had it happen 3 times, of which 2 were while server was lagging badly and crashed so i didnt even have the chance to get my items back. i know its an intended feature, but they can bypass claims. unlike endermen who do the same but with placed blocks but they cant steal/place blocks inside claims. so even just disabling the fairy stealing inside claims would already better imo.

9. Moettke

Moettke Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:36 PM
    This is where my items went, you need to be careful with them.

10. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    if there is a way to prevent them from spawning I dont see the issue.
    Also love hanover post, bout behaviour - its the part of the game you need to learn, play Souls like games, you need to learn patterns and features to win

11. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    One if the things I would suggest is just be paranoid about them. Fly higher, and avoid areas that you see there's a higher amount of "neutral" mobs in.

12. sp33draft

sp33draft Helper

Local Time:
    10:36 PM
    i dont think they can stop their spawning they are needed for a few quests on mc eternal

13. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i mean in-game methods - light, magnum torch, dread lamps