1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against McEternal market suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by hamster2464, Feb 11, 2023.

1. hamster2464

hamster2464 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:32 PM
    Some items for the questline introduction for mceternal are extremely hard to get and there should be an alternative which can be bought through MyM acquired by voting.

Tinker construct: Impossibly hard wheat sticks / mom spaghetti, rare drop only from desert temples, jungle temples, and stronghold chests.
    Famine armor: Foul bristles drop from Ithaqua which are very rare mobs which spawn in the taiga only.
    Swarmers x32: Annoying to find in swamp biomes.
    Boss spawn eggs: With how the farmworld doesn't spawn many bosses with how certain structures and biomes are missing, there should be an alternative which can be bought or crafted.
    Scarecrow head and undying heart: Scarecrows rarely ever spawn and undying heart is from a boss which is limited because their structure doesn't spawn in farmworld.
    Totoms of healing/shielding: Same issue with not spawning in farmworld.
    Slime saplings and slime dirt: Doesn't spawn in farmworld
    Radiation scrubbers: You need 8 and their recipe is quite difficult for an introduction quest.

I am still quite early game, so there might be other items which I hadn't listed yet since I am not aware of them.

2. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:32 PM
  3. korncover

korncover Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:32 PM
    Some of the hard to get item can be sold by other players. But some items that just doesn't spawn at all should be available in another way. Like every slime island drops, the slime islands doesn't spawn in the farmworld and they are rare in the overworld.

4. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Quite right, but isn't the search for that last item worth the time? Or do you just want the competed quest line handed to you. There is a reason that the slime islands are hard to find. Most of the time you do not even need a sticky piston until almost mid-game, and by that time you have either found slime's or they have found you!
    The farm world does not offer all drops, therefor the over world exploration id the only choice. Perhaps 2 of you may make it a little safer. Buddy up!

5. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Sounds good for the most part.

What structures are missing? Thought we had them all but SO much worldgen in Eternal. We may have to make world larger just to allow it all.

6. PhishTahkoh

PhishTahkoh Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:32 PM
    Foul bristles aren't that hard to find. Foglets also drop them. Use looting.
    Swarmers aren't terribly hard to find. They are found in swamp/marsh biomes as well as in the battle tower chests that have the stone golem on top.
    I'm pretty sure undying hearts can be found in FTB Loot Chests.
    Slime islands are a definite issue and don't spawn properly in any dimension.
    You can find radiation scrubbers in the anti-radiation chest that can be bought with the FTB quest coins.

7. PhishTahkoh

PhishTahkoh Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:32 PM
    Overworld exploration is finite, though, because it doesn't reset at all.

8. korncover

korncover Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The only one that I see an issue is the slime islands, they do not spawn in the farmworld. Few are in the overworld but I was told that they are suposed to be disabled in the overworld.

9. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Not to mention I'm pretty sure looting dungeons in the overworld is against the rules

10. hamster2464

hamster2464 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have noticed that in the farmworld, it seems that the structures from chocolate quest repoured mod, Quark, Fossil and Archeology, and inventory pets, and mowize mobs seem to be missing. Biomes of plenty biomes are seemingly missing and biome compass can't find it. Fish's undead rising mobs seem to be significantly rarer too and I needed to search in the overworld to find them. I searched quite a few jungle/desert/strongholds and I yet to find impossibly hard wheat sticks from tinker, and its a required quest to complete introduction. I also asked around to see if anyone could let me borrow it, but it doesn't seem like anyone else has it. Radiation scrubbers require a whole mekanism setup and nuclearcraft setup, yet you will not really use them early on, and you need 8 of them. Radiation loot boxes cost 5k coins and its only a 20% drop chance.

I would also like to mention that the criteria for items that I think should belong on the market is things which aren't meaningful to progression and require luck to acquire with how most of the items are pretty useless, but you need to explore a lot just to find them. I don't see why I need to search around the map to find a scarecrow head to spawn a mob which is useless.

Edit: Turns out Ithaquas spawn in coniferous forests which is why I couldn't find them because coniferous forests don't spawn in farmworld because they are from biomes o plenty. Still searching for impossibly hard wheat sticks, but since it can only spawn in vanilla structures, its very rare and I might have to wait until farmworld resets.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  11. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    I have been in the pack a long time and i know most things are hard to get but not impossible so with everything in mind:

Tinker construct: Impossibly hard wheat sticks / mom spaghetti, rare drop only from desert temples, jungle temples, and stronghold chests. -- Shoot me a message and i can help you there as i have some myself that i can help share on the server the Moms spaghetti will be possible once i give you the wheat sticks

Famine armor: Foul bristles drop from Ithaqua which are very rare mobs which spawn in the taiga only.
    Swarmers x32: Annoying to find in swamp biomes. ---- The Nocturnal power helps them spawn faster in any biome even faster in the swap but the Swarmers take time but they can all be found with some what ease once you find an area with them.

Boss spawn eggs: With how the farmworld doesn't spawn many bosses with how certain structures and biomes are missing, there should be an alternative which can be bought or crafted. -- This can be looked into if you IM me in discord i can get more info from you on it

Scarecrow head and undying heart: Scarecrows rarely ever spawn and undying heart is from a boss which is limited because their structure doesn't spawn in farmworld. The Scarecrow head can be gotten on a slim chance with Nocturnal Powder in the same biome as the Swap biomes

Totoms of healing/shielding: Same issue with not spawning in farmworld. -- Totems of Shielding do spawn between the caves and temples underground but can also be found in the Treasure 2 chest as well not easy but can be found

Slime saplings and slime dirt: Doesn't spawn in farmworld -- It does spawn and there is an island in the farmworld have already been there to see it

Radiation scrubbers: You need 8 and their recipe is quite difficult for an introduction quest. -- Quest like this isnt hard but that is why it is the intro and not hard to get along the road

All of this can be found over time and or a little effort i been in the pack with all 4 nodes MYM has launched and i will say it wasnt simple to get but all can be found or done over time this isnt a pack that you beat in a week or 2 it is made to play over a longer period of time. I do hope this all helps as is most the information i have on every thing you have listed

SparedPumpkins likes this.
  12. Mimifan

Mimifan Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:32 AM
    Unfortunately I still never played MC Eternal so I will not be able to give a really good opinion.
    But since I played Divine Journey 2, I can understand the issue about hard to get items and think it somehow would be a great thing to make these buyable but at the same time it would kind of remove the hard part of the pack

13. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think it should be a P2P thingy - if some1 wanna cheat it will buy stuff(also buying stuff require or trading to earn money or VOTING so its a plus for MyM), other will not buy stuff.

I personally on IE:E "bought" some expensive stuff BUT the price was using the stuff to get other stuff (BEES!!!). So it was mutual exchange and everyone were happy. I got the Gendustry stuff and other player got the bee he wanted bc he didnt know how the gendustry works.

Anyway: market can be filled with "server" offers like many other servers have e.g Primordial Pearl or dimensional shards to buy.
    One way to sovle the problem: selling hard to get stuff needed for progression by server in market.
    Idk how the progression in eternal works but i dont thnk it will break the game

14. TheeForgotten

Local Time:
    Well if we want to we can add those very hard things to get and use the in game coins for you all to buy the items verse adding another mod in and causing what might be some issues so if you all could come up with say a list of items you would like to see i can talk with the admin team about getting it put together and decent prices for it all since i have seen and been in the pack for a very long time

15. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Well in many packs MyM added custom recipes OR added stuff in the market/shop signs for items that are very hard to get bc MyM's custom mechanics like mob spawning or to some bugs mym cant fix (i think eldrith dungeon is best example).

If setting shop is a no-no, wha about making a custom recipes and show them on spawn, because i think that would be better bc the modpack progression. On the other hand buying with myms shall require more voting to get them.

16. TheeForgotten

Local Time:
    The pack itself has a coin base in it we could set the items up in that shop for buying that way you still have to work towards getting them just not super free in base line.

17. LordEreh

Local Time:
    well... the only think i member from server market are dimensional shard ores for 250 MyMs for 12?(or something like that) and Primordial Pearl for whooping 8,000 MyMs.

Well, Pearl is early endgame item used to craft true endgame items in Thaumcraft and you skip the whole dungeon thingy so the cost is reasonable imho

18. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:32 PM
    This will be decided against as the server is now shutting down