1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Mob spawn rate

Discussion in 'SevTech: Ages' started by Skruffy, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Skruffy

Skruffy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:22 AM
    Hi.

Im having problem with finding mobs generally in overworld and farmworld at night. Specially in the Darklands biome. I cant find a single absyssalcraft mob for instance. Is there a bug with this?

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:22 AM
    It's a known issue with the way mobs spawn. Unfortunately there's no fix for it. There are mob spawners in the world for these mobs.

3. Skruffy

Skruffy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for reply.

Is there a specific location for the spawners? Or do i have to find them around?

4. wyndman

Local Time:
    They're randomly in the farmworld. Cilo used to have one claimed so they do exist, but alas she hasn't been playing there.. I'll ping her anyway for you in case I'm wrong about that @_Cilo_

5. Samothrake

Samothrake Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The one thing I could do in single-player to reliably get mobs to spawn was to turn my render distance down to 8 or so. Then the mobs would spawn until I turned it up again. Doesn't seem to work in multi-player, sadly

So far in a darklands forest I managed to find only two shadow creatures and get 4 shadow fragments
    The forest was hard to navigate, but I have found a plain (and a village!). Hopefully I can see the shadow critters from farther away now

6. Fireforce

Fireforce Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    For Thoes that have the mob drop kit there's a shadow gem in there

7. wyndman

Local Time:
    Both mob drop kits had shadow gems added to them on release when we realized it was an issue, so it may not be perfect it is an added option to finding those tough drops.

8. Samothrake

Local Time:
    I managed to find a shadow creature spawner. Got myself a goodly number of shards.
    I had not realized that mob kits had the gem. I have yet to claim one due to the fear that so much of those drops would be 'unfamilliar'

9. Samothrake

Local Time:
    I'm not sure I am far enough into the pack to get actual coordinates, but I will see what I can do

SanndyTheManndy likes this.
  10. GreyWolf11

GreyWolf11 Former Staffer

Local Time:
    Do you still need support? Let us know