1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented [Mod Suggestion] Replay mod

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by brandonlk, May 21, 2019.

1. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:08 AM
    Hello there, i recently found this mod and think it would be cool to use on the servers and im wondering if it would be allowed/whitelisted to use freely.

What does this mod do: It allows the player to record replays of what they are doing, much like a timelapse camera. It is entirly clientside and you cannot access the replay whilst playing the game. you also cannot veiw outside of the players render distance.

Why i think this would be a good mod: i think this will be a good mod because sometimes it would be nice to see how much your base has come along in a long video like a timelaspe instead of multiple screenshots over a long period of time. This would be especially fun on the skyblock modpacks that this server features. You could even have a small forum section where people could post their base replays. (But im not asking for that :p ) I feel that this is a much better solution for seeing progress of islands over time, instead of a 2nd account flying about acting as a timelaspe camera.

Is this an intensive mod: No, it says on the website that this mod has run on bad laptops with basic minecraft fine, the only issues is during the editing of the videos, but that is to be expected.

Mod link: Minecraft Replay Mod - Craft your Moment

Known issues: I have read that the replay mod can have some issues with that mod that changes up menus, but this can be resolved in the config of said mod.

After stuff: Thank you for reading this semi-long post, and i hope you will think this is a good idea :D

chaseB2 likes this.
  2. chaseB2

chaseB2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:08 PM
    I love this idea. It'd be a ton of fun to use when we build new spawns for servers. We used to post albums of the build progress over time post launch if the server. This would be an awesome way to do that going forward and in turn make the progress of spawn builds look even more epic! I didn't even know this existed till now and I am quite interested. :eek:

ggkhs and brandonlk like this.
  3. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:08 AM
    Glad your intrested in a mod i found :D

chaseB2 likes this.
  4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:08 AM
    You should be able to use it now.