1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On-hold Monster West- strange lags

Discussion in 'Monster' started by caithleen, Aug 29, 2014.

1. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:49 AM
    We are running 20 tps but every 2-3 minutes, theres a 10s lag. Looks more like network infrastructure or HDD load.

2. ctacuk

ctacuk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:49 AM
    same happens on East

3. eskoONE

eskoONE Member

Local Time:
    and i was on east first then moved to west and the same happens again.

i start thinking its my fault, but im not doing anything facy :/ when i see others bases, mine is compared to theirs tiny tiny...

4. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The last time I checked it was IC2 EnergyNet ArrayList which happens when chunks get unloaded. The same thing crashed North regularly.

We still have no solution for it :/

chugga_fan likes this.
  5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    mhh, removing ic2 should solve the issue :p

6. paulnator2112

paulnator2112 Member

Local Time:
  7. eskoONE

eskoONE Member

Local Time:
    so you r saying that noone else other than me was using ic2 on west? cmon, that cant be the reason. cause the server was fine the first 2 or 3 days. then it started those strange lags. it was like 2 or 3 seconds in the beginning, now they r at 10 seconds again :/

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    nope never said that. but the issue is gone without ic2 and every time it occurs there are chunks unloaded with ic2 stuff.

Why ic2?

well we already spent days on this isssue on monster north and tppi and this was the only thing we could find out. But never found out what exactly is causing it. While it was easy to reproduce on monster north it was gone as soon as ic2 had been removed. It also only happens on monster and tppi.

9. Ghosttail

Ghosttail New Member

Local Time:
    could it be related to the glass fibre cables glitching out?

10. eskoONE

eskoONE Member

Local Time:
    or that u guys removed the limitation to the machines. like i can put any currency into the machines. they would normally explode.

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    as far as I know did ic2 become a new energy network in the backend (code base) with 1.6.4, as this didn't work so well they disabled the explosions of machines temporary. Please don't call me on this as I only heard it from non official sources.

12. eskoONE

eskoONE Member

Local Time:
    so whats the reason behind it? it might be the source of those weird lagspikes...

13. Ghosttail

Ghosttail New Member

Local Time:
    I'm guessing the staff doesn't know. Also, keep in mind that the staff can't just suddenly alter a mod and/or its code. Meaning troubleshooting is also performed to a certain extend until it becomes a copyright issue. Probably the only thing we can do now is speculate, and either find the problem and report it to the mod maker, or remove IC2 like Slind said.

14. eskoONE

eskoONE Member

Local Time:
    i dont think removing ic2 is so easy... there are many mods related to it.

but id prefer lagless play over ic2 for sure.

15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    unfortunately this is right. I think it would be about 6 mods and I don't know if it would cause id miss match with the ftb launcher. As if there is one vanilla item being overwritten from one of the mods you won't be able to join anymore.

Over the past we spent +20 hours on this issue and haven't gotten any step further, it just doesn't give us any information.

16. eskoONE

eskoONE Member

Local Time:
    does updating the server to 1.1.2 do anything? i cant find a changelog for that.

17. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
  18. eskoONE

eskoONE Member

Local Time:
    i dont understand sh... xD seems like there are no ic2 related changes anyways.

19. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    FYI: I also experienced the lags in the farm world with empty lobby/farm server. With me standing on top of my quarry with nothing in sight. So either the problem affects the whole server with all cores due to stress or it isnt ic2 chunks unloading.

20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    minecraft is single-threaded and even if it wouldn't be it would still be unlikely that worlds tick in different rates else all cross dimensional blocks would need to get re-coded e.g. tesseracts..