1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented More than 3 or 4 warps causes an internal server error

Discussion in 'Direwolf20' started by TheUnderTaker11, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheUnderTaker11

TheUnderTaker11 New Member

Local Time:
    9:10 AM
    It has happened quite a few times, but when I get more than 2 warps, more often than not I get kicked out of the server and it says "internal server error". Most of the time I log in over and over till the warp affects time out, then it stops happening, but this time it crashes my whole minecraft when I was trying to log back in, I'm going to try again later when I have more time to log in, but it has been a frequent problem.

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    4:10 PM
    Hey,

what exactly do you mean with warps?
    Could you provide the crash report please?

3. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I believe he is referring to Warps from Thuamcraft
    Warp - Thaumcraft 4 Wiki

If thats what he is talking about, then i have heard of this bug in earlier versions of Thaumcraft. I cant find much info on this,

4. TheUnderTaker11

Local Time:
    Yes that is what I was talking about, the thaumcraft warp affects, and I'm pretty sure the client crash was just because i was trying to fix my grinder, so there was a lot of witches in the area from my natural spawner, so re-logging a bunch of times in a row probably just caused a memory issue. (I dont have a great computer)[DOUBLEPOST=1417390760,1417390605][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Under's crash report - Pastebin.com
    but here should be the crash-report

5. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Only fix i know for this @Slind14
    is turn on "wuss" mode in Thaumcraft. this will remove all warp effects.
    Maybe have a Server poll seeing if players are ok with it. This bug isnt very common but it happens.
    I Tried to find more info on this but i cant seem to find it.
    I know from experience this bug/ crash happens

# Setting this to true disables Warp and similar mechanics. You wuss.
    B:wuss_mode=false

set that to true if you want to disable. But this is a big NERF to the difficulty of the new Thaumcraft,
    Some players love it while others hate it

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    mhh, in the end we only disable the complete warps if I did understand you right. So I guess it is better to leave them enabled though this means that players should limit the use in order to avoid this bug.

7. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    you really cant control what warps you get

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    looks like I need to read up on these warps, they seem to be different than what I thought

Edit:
    @TheUnderTaker11 can you reproduce the issue and leave a message here the second after? This way I do have the exact timestamp and can look what the log says at this time.

9. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    What warps are.... they are negative effects you get from researching "dark" magic. This is items like Brain in a jar, Golems....ect
    You can get a random negative effect from any one of these research.
    You can have Permanent effects and ones that you can "wash" away. But again you have no control of how many you have until later game. Then you can make soap.

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    I do assume it is something similar to the radiation potion effect from rotary craft that does kick players from 1.6.4 servers, maybe we can fix it. To tell more I need a timestamp and quickly look up what the log tells.

11. TheUnderTaker11

Local Time:
    yea i can try but im not sure it will crash me again, if its my client ill leave a report but if its jsut the server ill leave a time

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    the only thing I need is the time when an internal serve error happens so I can check the log and see what the server reports.

13. TheUnderTaker11

Local Time:
    Literally just happened this instant, only server, not client

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    alright will investigate tomorrow.

15. TheUnderTaker11

Local Time:
    alright thanks.

16. xLuarkeNx

xLuarkeNx Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:10 PM
    actually i think that should a bug between the modpack with thaumcraft warp effect and plugins? i am not sure but just a view.

17. SilentStar

SilentStar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hm... i was watching Direwolf on youtube, and someone said him, about thaumcraft, that it you get crashes because of the warps. He explained, that the warps are trying to give you sometimes negative potion effects, which dont exist and which will crash you from time to time. Thats the reason i avoid using thaumcraft. It was nice, but now its just a reason for me, not to do any thaumcraft.

18. Lawmonark

Local Time:
    Ah, i remember that, it was a Null effect. that was on forgecraft right?

19. SilentStar

SilentStar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    correct. I dont know if we have the same problem. Just adding it to the conversation, maybe someone more knowledged than me can count 1+1 together? ;-)

dont know which effect it was, exactly

20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    ugh, I don't think there is anything we could do, at least nothing simple. @Xfel11 or do you see that different?
    Code:
    [01:53:24] [Server thread/WARN]: Failed to handle packet for 207-119-------.dyn.centurytel.net/207.119.-----:49889
    net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking player
    	at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:464) ~[mw.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147347_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:498) ~[nh.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(C03PacketPlayer.java:36) ~[jd.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C03PacketPlayer.func_148833_a(C03PacketPlayer.java:101) ~[jd.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:244) ~[ej.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:173) [nc.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:980) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:423) [lt.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:798) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:658) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.7.0_67]
    Caused by: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    	at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:839) ~[?:?]
    	at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:874) ~[?:?]
    	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70679_bo(EntityLivingBase.java:589) ~[sv.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70030_z(EntityLivingBase.java:329) ~[sv.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.entity.Entity.func_70071_h_(Entity.java:409) ~[sa.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1818) ~[sv.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.func_70071_h_(EntityPlayer.java:316) ~[yz.class:?]
    	at net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP.func_71127_g(EntityPlayerMP.java:393) ~[mw.class:?]
    	... 10 more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.