1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving draconic energy core

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Tips and Tricks' started by Sir_Oj, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:45 AM
    Now that I can create nether stars, I want to start storing energy in a draconic energy core. My only problem is I'm not sure where I want to put the core. So I would like to build a core now, but move it to the right location later. I know that if you break the core all the stored energy is lost. Ofcourse I don't want that. So I'm looking for a solution.

I know I could just build a 2nd core in the right location and move the energy there. But I don't like wasting materials so that is my if everything else fails plan. I already tested in single player if I could move the core with pistons, But you can not.

Does anyone knows a way or have an idea that might work? I don't mind if the solution is really complicated. (I know not wanting to waste materials and being ok with a complicated solution sounds contradicting myself. But building a 2nd energy core will make the old one useless. A complicated solution, might be a system that I could use for something else later again.)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:45 AM
    Im not sure what pack youre using, but things like a blood magic teleposer or thaumcraft wand focus of dislocation or maybe a mekanism cardboard box should let you move the centre block. It is this block you need to keep in tact to keep the power stored, you can dismantle the whole structure apart from the centre core block, move the core block, and rebuild the orb around it.
    Though I would make sure to test your chosen method in single player first just in case.

3. AsilleNellum

AsilleNellum Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:45 AM
    Can confirm, cardboard box at least preserves the charge in singleplayer PO2

[​IMG]

4. Sir_Oj

Sir_Oj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:45 AM
    Im playing on the Beyond server. Have idd tested the blood magic teleposer and it works perfectly. Just need to build a tier 4 altar first so will take some time but Im happy that i can move the core later on.