1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need a pack recommendation

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Cantiel, May 16, 2021.

1. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:32 PM
    after a little break from minecraft, i want to return, but can't decide on a pack.
    i feel like playing a questbook based pack, that doesn't require excessive automation and/or grinding for the simplest items

last pack i played was gt new horizons, but that turned out to be too grindy for me, and the ore gen didn't make it any better. (wasted 6 hours looking for specific ore to progress, and found none)

i'm thinking of playing regrowth, as it's been 8 years or so since i played through it (before i even joined this network), but figured i ask other first for their opinions/experiences

That said, what would you recommend, and why?

2. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    Eternal is pretty decent to play long term if you haven't already, and it's not an expert pack. The questbook will take you a while to get through due to the sheer number of quests, though some are a bit grindy due to being late-game and requiring large amounts of resources. Really fun pack that I tend to go to most of the time.

3. Cantiel

Local Time:
    eternal was the one with heavy focus on magic, and lots of vampires, right?
    iirc i played it before, but something but then i lost my progress, and moved on to the next pack, instead of restarting.
    i should give that another chance some time too

4. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    Without giving too much information that I shouldn't. I would suggest holding off on Eternal for a little bit. ;)

5. Cantiel

Local Time:
    thanks for the headsup! gonna wait a bit with that then

6. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    We will have a changelog post about it at minimum when it is finished. So just keep an eye on that, either here or on discord. Also I will post in This week on MYM as well when ready.

7. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I suggest Enigmatica 2 Expert, an extremely well-made 1.12 pack. Don't take the "expert" too seriously, it never feels grindy and has a great pace. The gating of recipes and mods make for an entertaining playthrough.

8. AmeliaFireFox

AmeliaFireFox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:32 PM
    Me personally, I loved Galactic Science. It was paced nicely, different from all the other modpacks. Only issue is you said you disliked excessive automation and that's part of the modpack. But, you start on the moon, and that's cool!

9. Cantiel

Local Time:
    was that the moon base pack that revolved heavily around pneumaticraft? i remember really hating the pressure chamber

Iirc, i played the skyblock variation, but never the proper expert pack. i should add that to the list of packs to try

10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Can't remember whether gs had pneumatic craft but I think you mixed that up with crash landing. Gs is on the moon though

11. AmeliaFireFox

AmeliaFireFox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:32 PM
    No, it didn't have pneumaticraft

12. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    @Cantiel Come play on Po3 Kappa. Dont worry about grindy, ill gladly set you up with some creative items to lessen the load for ya if you like.

As for that pressure chamber, ill gladly teach you how to properly and easily automate it. Theres not much to it really. I love both Pneumaticcraft as Mekanism. So feel free to ask for help with those.

Heck ill even throw in a starter AE2 ME-System so you can skip the early-game chests-phase and just put everything in 1 central place.

Im currently online almost daily, but you can also just poke me on discord if you want any help.

Last edited: May 25, 2021