1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Need Restart Vote on DJ2

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by ABadHaiku_, Dec 23, 2021.

1. ABadHaiku_

ABadHaiku_ Developer Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    As said in the title, I suggest that we add the ability for the Divine Journey 2 players to restart the server.

DJ2 has a lot of debilitating server issues on a daily basis, a lot of which are fixed by a restart. However, it sucks having to suffer through hours of unplayable lag before the scheduled restart, or waiting for an admin to notice and initiate a restart manually. It would be really helpful to be able to vote for a restart directly.

2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    We actually need to let the server lag. This is so an admin can look through the logs on the back end and find out what is causing the lag.
    • Better still if one was in game playing this pack so they could run in game commands to help locate the issue.
    It is even better if it is a particular block causing the lag and maybe a crash as that will show up in the crash-report. Thereby making it easier to remove said block.

3. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    I think it has been said recently that doing restarts does nothing to fix the problem, I agree with LordEreth that it would be preferable to allow it to crash. I have had many server crashes and after looking at the report I found that it was just my poor internet chiming in to be noticed. I really think that a lot of server crashes are due to the internet, however if I find that it wasn't my internet, I send a copy of the crash-report as quickly as I can possibly get it done.
    I do think that it might help to do a tutorial on crash reports, because in my case it took almost three full hours to actually find it and send it in. It took me so long because I had to check each drive to find a MYM folder, then search till I found it. It shouldn't be hard for most people.

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    Also whenever TPS drops really low make screenshot of ppl whos online - it will help staff to narrow the suspects of lag source

5. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    5:24 AM
    I am going to deny this, basically it has been covered, but just to go over it again.

Restarts do not normally fix issues, they just make them go away for a little while. Yes, there are occasions when a restart will actually fix it, but it is better left to the admin team to make that determination than a handful of players.

If there is a problem, and the server restart doesn't actually fix it, it can make it harder for us to track down what the problem is and fix it. It is best to report an issue in discord support (usually the fastest for emergencies) or ticket or forum. It is helpful to include who is online at the time.

IsHayden likes this.