1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Neotech machines

Discussion in 'Age of Engineering' started by harryarne, Aug 20, 2017.

1. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:43 PM
    Are they supposed to drain all the power in my base? The three machines when running (Crucible, centrifute, solidifier) drain more than 10k rf/tick.

2. Kazeodori

Kazeodori Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:43 AM
    The biggest problem with the Neotech machines is that while they're low end power, they seriously suck it all away. And it hasn't been fixed so they can accept higher tier power yet. We had the same issue.
    All I can advise is use them when you need them, avoid them if you don't absolutely need what they can make.

3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    Put an EIO capacitor bank in between your power line and your neotech machines, then you can use the capacitors output limit to cap how much power they have access to.

4. Kazeodori

Local Time:
    Pretty sure Neotech is the one that runs on IC2 energy right? If it's that one, you're really limited on power and what cables you can use.

5. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    No neotech is rf, you're thinking of techreborn.

6. Kazeodori

Local Time:
    Knew I'd get something mixed up! Why do they all have to have "tech" in the name? :banghead:

So the EIO capacitor should work and help with a huge buffer to get things going for you then, like chaoseblad3 suggested.

7. harryarne

Local Time:
    It's all good, they're not used for much that is really needed (afaik) - I just thought I'd give people a heads-up.

8. harryarne

Local Time:
    Just close the ticket - the machines drains vast ammounts of power (esp. with upgrades). Now that I have a much bigger power-source there's not really a problem anymore (though I am not using the machines more than I absolutely have to).

9. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:43 AM
    Consider it closed!