1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Nether Star Crafting Recipe

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by jacmac462, Feb 3, 2020.

1. jacmac462

jacmac462 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:17 AM
    Being that wither boss spawning is forced to the nether and the nether alone. I think it would be a nice complement to make the star craft-able with all the same materials. It would also be possible that if you wanted to make the point you want people to be able to kill the wither before crafting endless stars you can add a start or two to the recipe and make the output have an added star.

nether start with stars.
    nether star.

This would only add about 7 more lines of code to one of your custom plugins and is very simple to apply.

2. TrashGothAoife

TrashGothAoife Consultant

Local Time:
    5:17 AM
    The reason nether spawning is limited to the nether, or compact machines if the pack has it, is to prevent a rogue wither flying around wrecking other players stuff, or killing other players.

As for the recipe, it removes quite a bit about why you have to summon and kill it, completely eliminating a boss from the game basically.

I personally don't like the idea of a basic crafting recipe, at least one this basic, since it requires less effort than actually summoning and killing the wither.

3. jacmac462

Local Time:
    Thank you for your input I appreciate the discussion.

I should add that I currently play on the sf3 server and an pretty far advanced and that may be where this request comes from.
    But to add to that information this pack makes it stupidly easy to automate the killing of the wither boss with Draconic Evolution mob grinders.

Looking at the recipe for the mob grinder the two "expensive" parts are 4 awaken draconium ingots and 1 nether-star so I see how just a recipe would make it easier then automation unless you add the mob grinder to the recipe as a non-consumable. That would atleast require the killing of the End Dragon and crafting of awaken draconium along with killing at least one wither.

I want to add a side note as to why I make this request in the first place, Since the spawning of the boss is limited to the nether alone that requires me to either maintain a claim in the nether or leave it unprotected and risk the occasional second world reset and losing the items like the mob grinder listed above and then i need to chunkload that setup and my main overworld base to keep it supplied and continue to remove the yield.

4. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That's correct, you would have to maintain a claim in a secondary farm world to repeatedly kill the wither, ensure that you pick up your equipment before the monthly reset and chunkload it. That's by definition working as intended on a multiplayer server. That aside, making a recipe to generate nether stars does bypass an entire boss mechanic, while I doubt anyone would claim the Wither is the most difficult boss in the world normally automation of slaying it still requires you to kill it at some point. Throwing all that out the window, we don't change mod packs unless there is a good reason to, and inconvenience has never been a good enough reason for us to change a pack from the author's original intent.

5. jacmac462

Local Time:
    I want to thank you for your time it is wonderfully to see administration and general staff alike be so involved with the community.

Now we could literately walk around the words each other says about the original intent of the mod-pack creator.
    I see no point in doing that so lets be realistic, I understand the simple recipe I first listed is out the window as it requires nothing at all in the form of effort. The second listed in the original post also out the window because it requires you to kill the witherboss but doesn't make up for the loss of automation requirements as Lirael stated. So in the post you quoted I write about a third recipe requiring the kill of a witherboss and the end dragon that by itself makes up for the automation and brings the simplicity of the recipe more balanced but i'm sure can be debated further. Now to address the "good reason" to change the modpack how many server resources are used on the Tile-Entities spawned when the boss shoots its heads off in all directions of the void world? 2020-02-03_18.49.41.
    Picture of the Tile-Entities floating around when flying in the nether on the sf3 server.
    Along with that issue the auto spawning setups that leave several witherboss's floating around the world untamed or the auto spawning setups that malfunction and load a chunk with 100 witherboss's.

Thank you again for debating this topic with me and the sound input you have given on your behalf.
    At the end of the day you are both ranking members of staff and if you feel this is a waste of your time and mine I ask we don't drag the discussion on and you delete the thread.

6. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    6:17 AM
    We do not mind talking about these types of things. That is what we are here for. As for the entities issue, it really isn't one. As none of the entities are loaded, it doesn't cause any issues. Once you go into the area, it loads and goes away.
    Let us know if you have any other questions
    Decided Against
    -Aidoneus