1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neutron collector (avarita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by harryarne, Feb 12, 2018.

1. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:10 AM
    I suggest making an x81 collector recipe to reduce huge stacks of collectors + various conduits.

2. CatArcher

CatArcher Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:10 PM
    is that an item in avaritia?

3. harryarne

Local Time:
  4. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    9:10 PM
  5. harryarne

Local Time:
    Sorry - I'll be more clear:

There is currently no recipe for anything but the "normal" neutron collector. Since most packs require you to set up 1k'ish collectors to gather the neutronium you'll need at a reasonable pace this gets quite server-demanding (with all the conduits and whatnot). Making a custom recipe (mym-style) to turn 9x9 collectors into one improved collector would add a server benefit (as well as a player benefit) to late-game operations.

Rohen and elemage like this.
  6. WishMage

WishMage Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Maybe its just me, but wouldnt be easier to give emc value to neutroniuim? For example a pile of neutronium would be the same value as a nether star.

7. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    Well I don’t know about other avitaria servers, but the intent in ozone is that you use the wand of animation to duplicate neutronium once you get one block of it.

As for the main post request, if there is not already an item in the game that does this that MYM can simply add a recipe for, then MYM cannot do this. If you want a new block added to the mod you will have to ask the mod creator about it.

Edit- my bad I meant ozone 2 forgot that ozone lite was a thing for a minute :p

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  8. WishMage

WishMage Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Project Ozone Lite doesnt have erebus, also doesnt have offline chunkloading, the server is very laggy that makes getting neutronium way slower than it should be.

9. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I calculated that with a stack of collectors and perfect tps you still need 9,5 complete days to produce the ingots just for the armor, so I do agree that the numbers are a bit ridiculous. Since we banned the ITB and the speed block from passwords mod, this isn't going to be easier.

BanananaBread and Monkey_Banana1 like this.
  10. harryarne

Local Time:

Not getting help there it seems. How can ppl think FPS and server-intensive is the same?

11. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I've added my 2 cents worth to the thread. However, @harryarne you might find better luck suggesting this on the official GitHub instead. In the very least you'll get an answer quicker.

Sadly, there will not likely be an official fix for 1.10, as that version is in "End Of Life" AKA no longer getting updates. The best that can happen may be that someone makes an addon that addresses this issue.

12. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I don't see a point adding something to Avaritia. Avaritia was always meant as some kind of stupid endgame overpowered troll mod. Only Modpack creators started to take it seriously and use it in modpacks. I see it in our own responsibility to change some things if we want to increase server performance.
    Also keep in mind that you could actually speed up the collectors in a SP world. Since we banned those blocks (for a good reason) it actually takes much longer.

13. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    AFAIK Avaritia was originally meant to be a comment on power creep in modded Minecraft.

14. TomboyEnthusiast

TomboyEnthusiast Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Unfortunately we have discussed this and we are unsure on how to remedy this without ruining progression or making things too easy. We will keep you posted as the conversation develops.

15. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Like this ? that makes neutron 81 times faster in just one block? (or you can't really add block?)

Monkey_Banana1 likes this.
  16. Matryoshika

Matryoshika Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Blocks cannot be added (nor items) on just the server (because we can only add them to the clients through the MyM launcher) without royally screwing over the Minecraft registries.
    Best-case scenario, you wouldn't even be able to connect, as you (the client) is missing objects.

17. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Oh :( But is it possible to have the same block but with different caracteristic such as the ender tank with infinte lava, or is it specific to ender thing that have ownership?

18. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    You can make stuff with nbt tags already assigned, but only ones that are already in the mod.

19. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Adding EMC value to pile of neutronium is also a no-no thing?

EMC value for pile of neutrinoum=EMC value of netronium compressor(~22M) should be fine imho - cuz when you need many neutronium you have already good emc loops/emc source

20. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:10 PM
    What if you could craft 1 neutronium collector + 1 ingot into 2-3 ingots?
    Sure a single collector sitting there for a day would produce more then that but it would allow you to quickly craft ingots as needed so long as you have the resources.
    with automated resource generation that wouldn't be too much of a problem.
    Just a thought.

21. Kissqt

Kissqt Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    "ok, so after some discussions and tossing around ideas, what we'll do is add in a "Compressed Neutron Collector" recipe to be determined"

I guess they will do it probably (maybe xD)