1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Factions Server suggustion!!! :)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Mining_Canadian, Mar 22, 2015.

?

Would you play MYM Factions?

1. Yes

58.5%
  2. No

24.5%
  3. Maybe

17.0%
  1. Mining_Canadian

Mining_Canadian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:01 PM
    I think that MYM should try to expand more out of the modded Minecraft community!

I would like to suggest maybe putting in a new server; MYM Factions!!!

I think It would be cool if MYM made a 1.8 factions server but with a twist, maybe some of our amazing admins ;) could write a few custom plugins that could add new things such as enchantments, faction commands, custom Biomes etc!

It would be cool to eventually have a/many factions servers as popular as Cosmic PVP, TheNexus etc.
    It could also be possible to contact some of the developers from CosmicPVP/TheNexus and ask for possible help with the custom plugins being that they already have custom enchants and biomes.

I also see this as a really profitable possibility for the servers, and would recommend making ranks only for Factions or reworking our current ones :)

Anyway Thank Y'all for taking time to read this!
    Any Suggestions/questions go ahead and post them :)

-Mining

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  2. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:01 AM
    Ranks works differently one each server, and have different set ups on each server.
    Some have the same kits, because they have the same mods, other than that, the commands can be different, the overall permissions can be different, no need to rework the current ones.

Names will stay, but permissions are always altered to the specific server, for example -
    B-team has Fly
    Agrarian doesn't give access to Fly

B-team has kits
    Agrarian doesn't have kits

> imo, I would really love to have a faction/or PvP server on the MyM network, and please, don't tell me there's D.I.E because I play D.I.E and no one there is into PvP.. it's hard enough even getting to the level where you can PvP.
    I love playing D.I.E every now and then, but I don't do it to raid/PvP others, because it just makes things feel like "well.. that took me months to set up, and now it's gone" ect.

I know there are a lot of players in MyM that want a PvP server, and I would love to see it implemented into MyM.
    I understand if there's no time/money for such project, but if there is, I'm sure we would atleast appreciate the consideration :)

#Wouldn'tMindAModdedPvPsErverAlso

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    Mining_Canadian likes this.
  3. sk_

sk_ Active Member

Local Time:
    I really, really, really like this idea. Especially if it could be done as a modded server for 1.7.10 :)

4. Innovea

Innovea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is a great idea, would liven things up a little more, and make it easier for people to make friends which they can then play with on the other modded servers if they wanted :)

5. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    10:01 PM
    Well, a modded factions does sound fun, but that wouldn't be expanding from mods, though @SirWill and @Slind would have to decide, if they want another modded server.

6. SilentBane

SilentBane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    We have done pvp modded servers in the past bteam is the one that comes to mind.

tonalom likes this.
  7. Mining_Canadian

Mining_Canadian Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:01 PM
    yes But i am talking something that is 100% always pvp enabled, factions vs faction w/ raiding bases etc. it would be nomal MC /w custon plugins not mods :)

Innovea likes this.
  8. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:01 PM
    but to do a faction server with raiding would be fun. and if mym would make a modpack for this would be cool

9. SilentBane

Local Time:
    Ohhh I get it you guys are talking about DIE

Bennyboy1695 likes this.
  10. Adrianfish

Local Time:
    yea if that that one if the one mym made. like there are so many vinella faction servers but not many modded and for us to have our own modpack for it would be it one of a kind.

11. Innovea

Innovea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think he means a faction server that is literally just factions maybe with some PvP specific mods/plugins like HeroBounty (HeroBounty - Bukkit

12. ZzConradzZ

Local Time:
    Well, in DIE it takes a while to get stuff, but in most faction servers, there is a world that resets, or have a "farm world" (wonder where they got that idea). Well, in the faction servers I used to play in, the more popular ones just use the server for money. There should be a faction server with maybe just McMMo and all that stuff, and not really any mods. (My opinon, and what I think is a good faction server)

13. SilentBane

Local Time:
    We have a farmworld

14. ZzConradzZ

Local Time:
    Yes, MYM has a farm world, but the smaller ones I played on had them too. Myabe instead of Skygrid in the Vanilla minigame server there could be factions

15. SilentBane

Local Time:
    Skygrid is there to get items for the plotme. I don't think that unless we were willing to spend countless manhours on a factions server we wouldn't be able to compete with the "big" ones

16. ZzConradzZ

Local Time:
    I would voulnteer to help create one, but I know nothing about coding, mostly just building and redstone.

17. Adrianfish

Local Time:
    well that is why a modded one would be a better rount with factions

18. SilentBane

Local Time:
    Why not just open a pvp Infinity for instance?

19. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    if MYM did get one, i'd probably dominate it as i know all the good faction server anti-raid tricks, basically no one would be able to find me, and if they did, they couldn't touch me, and if they found me anyways, they'd get blown by about 500~ withers[DOUBLEPOST=1427047991,1427047969][/DOUBLEPOST]
    all the lycanthropes would destroy the server?

Ghast12345678910 likes this.
  20. ZzConradzZ

Local Time:
    well, if Infinity has never been exposed to PvP before, then there might be some confusion, and is bteam the only server with PvP?