1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info New Server Maintenance Done & What Changed

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Aidoneus, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:46 AM
    As I have been working on this for over 12 hours now today, I will do my best to keep this all short and sweet for you all. There is more that I would like to have done but that is for a different day

Velocity Changes & Updates

• Updated Velocity
    • Java tuned Velocity and removed old java arguments that are irrelevant
    • Updated Luckperms
    • Updated ChatRegulator & Redo it's configs and chat filters
    • Fixed a memory issue we would get if the proxy didn't get restarted in a couple of days causing people not to connect sometimes.
    • Proxy server should be quite a bit more stable now
    Backend Forge 1.19 Server Changes & Updates

There are so many changes here but I will try to quickly bullet point what all changed and added!
    • New server-side mods to help manage server load with higher player counts
    • Items and EXP Orbs will merge when close together
    • New Mob Spawn control system. Please report any issues.
    • Added Login Protection to help with people that take a longer time to load into the server
    • Added a new Child Player Protection system! Ever wanted to play Modded Minecraft with your Kid but want to turn down the difficulty? We can add your child's Minecraft username to our whitelist to reduce the damage they take and increase the amount of damage they do back! More information on this later
    • Added the ability to make command aliases! Example of this is /listhomes -> /homes
    • Many more staff related tools added to help us help you!
    • Switched servers that were using GriefDefender to FTB Chunks. Yes! Chunkloaders! The amount of claimed chunks and force loaded chunks are in the list below! The list isn't fully solidified on the amount of chunks, but we think this is a good base line.
    FTB Chunks, Chunk Claiming, & Loading Limits

The 1.19 servers will use FTB Chunks (if available in the pack) for claims and chunk loading until a better option becomes available. If it is not available, we will fall back to using Grief Defender and whatever chunk loading options are available in the pack.

FTB Chunk Claim/Loader settings:

• Default group gets 25 claimed chunks and 6 chunk loaders
    • Patron 1 gets 9 chunk loaders
    • Tier 1 gets 30 claimed chunks
    • Tier 2 gets 35 claimed chunks
    • Tier 3 gets 40 claimed chunks
    • Patron 2 gets 12 chunk loaders
    • Patron 3 gets 15 chunk loaders
    • Tier 4 gets 45 claimed chunks
    • Tier 5 gets 50 claimed chunks
    NOTE: As usual, chunks will unload after 24 hours offline. Teams should count toward being online.​
    FTB Skies Reset

Full server reset! No more memory leak! While we weren't able to fix it on the server, we were only able to wipe it clean so it is playable again. We are still working with the developer of the mod that caused it so this doesn't happen again. Not knowing how long this would take, we believed this was the best option.

PvP Arena

We have enabled PvP on the 1.19 servers! Don't worry though, it's only active within the PvP Arena. This is a small claimed arena just outside the server spawn. It can be reached with the /warp pvp command.
    • PvP enabled within the claim
    • 15 second timer after last contact to exit PvP mode. i.e. PvP can still be on when you exit the claim.
    • It's on the player's honor to not use God, Fly, or Heal.
    Final Notes

These servers are still experimental and a work-in-progress. We will get our documentation updated with new commands and features. In the meantime, just ask a staff member or other player if you have any questions about new commands or features.

World Downloads and Player Data Transfers

If you want a world download of your base from FTB Skies please make a ticket or forum post and we will get those files to you.

Unfortunately, if you want to transfer your player data from FTB Skies to the new server we have to deny that. We had a memory leak we could not find and we would rather not have it follow us over to the new server. So no transfers from the old node.

2. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:46 AM
    The biggest surprise here is the Child Player Protection. I so rarely see systems like this, I'm so glad to see MYM add it, it's so thoughtful!

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:46 PM
    I wonder if [Child] rank will survive the IC2 reactor meltdown tho
    I'd abuse the kid to farm withers - you deal more dmg and take less - go hunt some skull and nether stars for papa! xD

deepcage and dragon87tamer like this.