1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented New Stoneblock node/Increased server capacity?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Mekill, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Mekill

Mekill Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    Hello!

Like many MYMers here I've been thoroughly enjoying the stoneblock modpack that newly released. It's been a pretty popular server that seems to regularly have 20-25 people logged in, even though the server capacity is 18 (because tier 2 donors can log on even when the server is full).

My question is, would it be possible in the future, due to the modpack's popularity, to create a second node or to increase the server capacity? I understand that I could become a donor and be able to log on, and I've been a patron for periods of time in the past (I've been with MYM for a while). However, my concern is not solely with myself only being able to join late at night, but with new players looking for stoneblock servers and stumbling across MYM for the first time not being able to join because the server is constantly above capacity.With the increasing popularity of stoneblock as a whole due to its new unique twist on the classic modded skyblock, I feel like it would be a shame to not introduce all these new players to MYM because only older players with patron status can log on.

Now on the contrary, because this modpack is new and the server is in experimental stages, it may be beneficial to not have as many new players on, as older players better know how to address issues and help in getting them fixed.

Let me know what you guys think!

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think it is possible, even probable, but that's just an opinion a minecraft opinion!

Mekill likes this.
  3. aryst0krat

aryst0krat Member

Local Time:
    AFAIK, the Stoneblock isn't even on the list of servers yet. Personally I'd love to be able to get on and play with my donor friend, but since it's always full we've had to play other packs instead. Right now she's just logging on occasionally to keep it from going inactive, but we're hoping to be able to play together again some day!

4. 0hsaka

0hsaka Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:01 PM
    upload_2018-12-1_13-5-39.

aryst0krat and Mekill like this.
  5. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    i would like to suggest a different option here.

2 stoneblock nodes, but 1 primarily for donators/patrons/legacy donators and the other primarily for non-donators (regular players). I know enforcing this wouldnt be desirable, but it would allow both paying and non-paying members to play without having issues with logging on.

no real enforcing of this though, but kindly requesting players of donator/patron rank to join their respective node over playing on the unpaid-members' server node. Or to only do so when teaming up with someone of either node. That way you can ensure everybody is happy.

6. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It's possible to get a second node how ever with how unstable stoneblock is adding a second node would just make it worse.

7. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    5:01 PM
    Not sure I follow this logic. How does splitting up the amount of players from 1 server to 2 make it worse?

tonalom likes this.
  8. c0mical

c0mical Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:01 AM
    I think Katie may alluding to the fact of having two troublesome servers to tame rather than just one

9. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    5:01 PM