1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done No quests?

Discussion in 'Forever Stranded' started by CollinsToys, Jun 8, 2017.

1. CollinsToys

CollinsToys Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:29 PM
    besides the horrible fps, My quest book is empty. The left top 2 rectangles are highlighted but the area to the right has nothing in it.I can't find the piece of dirt. Standing in water doesn't cool me. Using potion of heat resistance crashes the game. Not a good first 10 minutes. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. No one who was on wanted to help.

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Push ~ to bring up your quest book. It may just not be rendering correctly so grab a screen shot of it. The dirt, bonemeal and saplings are in a copper chest in the back of your chest. Water gets hot, more so in the summer during the middle of the day. /tan tempinfo will show you your heat gain/loss. The issue with the splash potion of heat resistance is a known bug, but the good news is it won't happen every time, and it has been reported to the mod author.

3. CollinsToys

CollinsToys Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    There was no dirt in the chest so I guess I will just restart my island somehow. I will try to get a pic of the quest book
    Tanks ;)

4. coolgi3000

coolgi3000 Logician of the gods

Local Time:
    The way temperature works is that there is a target temperature that you are slowely moving towards. This target temp can be raised or lowered depending on different factors like time, season, and biome. As long as your body temperature is lower then the target temperature you will continue to heat up and if it is higher you will be cooling down. Some factors also change that rate at which you change temperature for both heating up and cooling down. Water will decrease your target temperature but it will also make your temperature change faster. With how hot it gets in the day time your target temperature can easily still be hot enough to overheat even while standing in water. Also wearing armor makes you heat up faster but cool down slower.
    Basically standing in water during the day will just make you heat up faster. But during the night might cool you down depending on your current temperature.
    Hope this helps a bit And that it made sense ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  5. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Before you obtain other methods of cooling yourself down, standing in water at night until you are on the verge of hypothermia works to ward off the heat of the day.