1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done No real outerlands?

Discussion in 'Direwolf20' started by pkpr, Aug 4, 2016.

1. pkpr

pkpr Active Member

Local Time:
    10:38 AM
    So on my journey to the outerlands of thaumcraft 4, i found an eldritch obelisk in the farmworld, placed my 4 eyes on the thing, activated the portal and waited 10 seconds before going in so I don't fall into the void. I was sent to the "eldritch dimension" which was instead a demented version of the overworld with some naturally generated structures made up of completely random blocks- for example there were trees made of things like cauldrons and iron blocks, and there were oak wood item frames in the place of ores. After about 30 seconds in this place, my client crashed and when I came back online I was at the overworld spawn. At first I thought this was just a problem with that portal, so I went to another obelisk in the farmworld to try. Same thing. Then I found an obelisk in the overworld(which was impossible). Same thing. Upon entering the same overworld portal for a second time, it instead sends me to 0,0, 48, where there is a 5x5 square of bedrock. So now I have no clue what to do. Is there any way to reach a properly generated outer lands?

Edit: I should probably clarify I'm playing Direwolf 1.10

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    11:38 AM
    Use the ones not in the farmworld or use the ones in the farmworld and fly around, and it's defo possible to find some in the overworld

3. pkpr

pkpr Active Member

Local Time:
    What do you mean? The outerlands stops you from flying, and i tried both the farmword and overworld which both gave the same result.

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    jetpacks work perfectally fine, also most overworld ones should spawn you in a dungeon

5. pkpr

pkpr Active Member

Local Time:
    So you're saying if I make another portal it will probably spawn me in the dungeon?

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    probably? only in overworld

7. pkpr

pkpr Active Member

Local Time:
    Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for your help!