1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Node 1 unusual lag spikes

Discussion in 'Age of Engineering' started by Asapps, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:30 PM
    On Node 1 with about 5-6 others and every about 15-20 seconds, there's a lag spike that lasts about 5 seconds. I check the tps afterwards and it's 20. Maybe there's old laggy bases hanging around the map or what could it be?

2. Tipsied

Tipsied Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:30 PM
    Hey there,
    I have been monitoring the TPS on a couple of the AoE nodes. I do see the random TPS drops. I'm going to monitor it a bit longer. I'll keep you posted.
    -Tipsied

3. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:30 AM
    I talked to @Werwolfi_de for weeks now about it. It's sadly not so easy to find/fix. It was fixed two weeks ago, but two days later it was pressent again. It shouldnt be a mod issue as I had the lags when I was on the server alone and no other base is loaded.

It's a plugin thats acting up, pretty sure about that. Thats about it though. :-(

4. Werwolfi_de

Werwolfi_de Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    yeah still trying to figure it out^^ sadly nearly no informations we get from the server

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Minecraft leaks chunks, there are always on chunk loaders and the world spawns are kept loaded.

Datsaltysnek likes this.
  6. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Even after restart?
    I know the spawn is loaded, but that shouldnt be the issue. Other bases should still not just load themselfs should they?

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Unfortunately, that is the case. We regularly see this on skyblock servers where the owner hasn't been online in a month but the base is loaded. No forced chunks registered.

8. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hmmmmm you might want to patch the chunk loader from minecraft to give you some debug on who is loading those chunks? Shouldnt that be doable? I know the first mods did patch minecraft directly and it still should be doable. Forge / Sponge does it aswell.

Just an idea though.

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    We do have a log that logs all chunk loads with and without stacktrace. This can't be used in production because there are thousands of events happening per second.
    The stacktrace does not help in this case, due to the way those are being loaded it is not visible what is causing the load, it is just the default minecraft methods. It looks the same like every other chunkload.

10. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    It shouldn't matter though? After 2 weeks, of not being on, their base should be gone. Even if their chunkloader stayed, it would be loading a regular area with no base in it. All the big bases from the start of the pack, should be gone now, with the lag?

11. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    For a month? I thought there was claim deleter?

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    This was the reason why the claim deleter exists ;)

13. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Then what's the problem. I don't understand lol. What specifically is causing the lag?

14. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    It still takes +2 weeks until these bases are being deleted. If there are 200 players on a server, potentially 200 bases could be loaded without them being online. I'm just stating that this can have a lot of sources.

15. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    I'm saying that claim deleter would delete a base before an actual month could pass.

[​IMG]

16. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    yeah, but what about all the bases where the user was online lets say 10 days ago?

17. ZboubTheWise

ZboubTheWise Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:30 AM
    I've been a player on the MyM for 2 years, and this has always been a thing on some servers.
    This is very weird, because usually a laggy server has a constant <insert random number here> let's say 10 TPS over extended periods of time. What happens here and on some other MyM servers is closer to what we should call a "freeze" or a "spike": near 0 TPS for a couple seconds, then back to 20 or close. Then repeat on some short period of time.

This seems to suggest (since it's unusual) this is not just your typical Minecraft TPS lag (unavoidable to an extent), maybe a failing plugin or something ?
    I know you use a bunch of plugins, such as slowing tickrate, which requires calculations, custom loaders, and so on... Did you ever double check
    them ? Have you ever tried to remove some of them on a real server to try to see their impact ?
    What about offline chunkloading, is it really that necessary for your vote count to have such a computational hungry feature ? (I mean, isnt the slowdown plugin + the fact iron loading removes its effect already enough to farm votes off people?)

Anyways, I'm nowhere near your experience of running a Minecraft server for years, so maybe I'm just saying noobish stuff right now. Just wanted to make this suggestion still ;)
    Other than this good job guys, keep it up

18. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    These lag spikes are usually caused by a big base being loaded or unloaded. In 1.7.10 the server software had a feature where the amount of chunks to be loaded/unloaded would be limited if too much time was spent on it already. Unfortunately all this feature did was to change 2-3 second lag spikes of 0tps to 8-10 second lag spikes of 1-5 tps.

19. Rohen

Rohen The beemaster

Local Time:
    2 TPS and up is playable provided ping is under 160.

20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Not really. You won't be able to mine much at 2 TPS or prevent mobs from killing you.