1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Offline Chunkloader support

Discussion in 'Revelation' started by Photon_Wolfsky, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Photon_Wolfsky

Photon_Wolfsky Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:40 PM
    I just recently set up a void ore miner and since it takes so long to mine essential crystals, I wanted to leave an offline chunkloader in the same chunk as the multiblock. However, it would seem that all my efforts have failed to keep the miner loaded, even with the chunkloader in the same single chunk.

Note: I specifically used the information overlay with F3+G to see the chunk boundary and have placed all of my equipment well within the boundaries of 1 individual chunk (power generation and the void ore miner all fit inside 1 chunk). I also put the gold block in the same chunk and activated it (smoke trails emitting from it - and it took my tickets).

It's really frustrating, because I've had about 10-15 hours of down time between my attempts of getting this chunkloader to work, and none of those attempts have worked, so I've pretty much wasted over 200000 in tickets only for my void miner to do literally nothing because it isn't being loaded with the chunkloader. I checked, too. I have double checked by screencapping between logging off to check if there are new drops in my chest when coming back later and have noticed that not only do I not have any new drops of any kind, the energy level in my miner goes from full to empty when I log on. At the very lease, something is changing between the chunkloader and when I log in. Either way, I would have liked to have had this working properly so I could progress during my downtime, because I don't have all the time in the day to be physically online waiting for extremely low % drops (obviously, that's where chunkloaders come into play). I've heard from other players on the server that it should work fine with an offline chunkloader, especially if it's all within a single chunk.

Aside: I suppose now would be a good time to ask about the chunkloader sizes. I thought at one point that chunkloaders might not even be loading the entire chunk, but that is wrong because I've had no issues with either online or offline loaders before now. Then I wondered if loading a larger than 1x1 chunk area would give my machine some buffer space of loaded chunks, just in case (but I assume the 1x1 setting is 1 chunk, which my machine is safely in). And to that note, I wanted to know why Tier 1 Patrons get up to 6x6, but the options in loaders only gives 1x1, 3x3 or 9x9 (I haven't seen a 6x6 option in-game).

Edit: My power generation was a portable set of magmatic generators using an infinite lava Ender Tank the server provides a recipe for. This normally supplies sufficient energy for the void miner, but some other players have notified me that for whatever reason, they have had issues previously with Ender Tanks connected to creative lava blocks like on our server not staying filled even with offline chunkloaders active. If this is truly the case, than that is most likely the issue here. If possible, can any other users here confirm if this is a potential case?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019