1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Pixelmon] 24 Hour Gym Leader cooldown

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by EvilScotsman, Feb 24, 2017.

1. EvilScotsman

EvilScotsman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:04 AM
    So just recently the server got changed so that whether you win or lose a gym fight you have to wait 24 hours to have another go. I understand it's been put in place to stop people training their pokemon up on gym fights but those who are just trying to fight the boss for the first time are put at a real disadvantage.

Without knowing what pokemon to expect to fight or what moves they have I find it difficult to prepare for a fight and even if I did know, the risk of waiting 24 hours for another try is too much to want to bother trying out different strategies. It leads to disregarding strategy and just creating way over leveled pokemon that don't got a chance of losing. Whats the point of even having a gym battle then, just hand out the badges once your pokemon reaches a certain level.

As for exploiting the gym leaders for exp I don't really see the problem with it considering there are plenty of ways to get a load of exp fast and the gym leaders are just another. Besides, how much does it matter to you if some players level up their pokemon quickly on this server? Is it meant to be a serious hardcore pixelmon server? Just today evolution stones were added to the store for a limited time for pretty cheap, some of which are fairly difficult to get hold of. And I really appreciate it, it's saved me a load of work to get a dawn stone so thank you. But does that mean the server is easy going or are we all supposed to know every in and out about pokemon and put hours upon hours into grinding (for both levels and items)?

Anyway, that's my thoughts on that, I still really enjoy the server. It's really just this one thing that bothers me and I've played some of those fan made pokemon MMOs where they expect you (annoyingly) to know every little detail about pokemon right from the beginning, at the lower levels, and even they only had a one hour cooldown for gym fights.

2. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:04 AM
    [​IMG]
    It's only for the weekend right now. They will be changed back or set to a smaller cooldown. Trying to keep things interesting and fluid within the server.

3. EvilScotsman

EvilScotsman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:04 AM
    Well thanks for the answer. I tried asking what was happening after the weekend but couldn't get a reply, for all I knew the cooldown was going to be longer after the weekend. But why have the long cooldown during the weekend anyway?

4. Datsaltysnek

Datsaltysnek lover of NCIS

Local Time:
    becuase more people would therocially be on and cause fights to happen so the usual reasons

5. LunaBlossoms

LunaBlossoms Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well, since one good way of income is to fight leaders and us having the sale we want there to be a bit of a challenge to gain money and go on a shopping spree :) Healthy bit of "not everything being so easy" is sometimes good.

6. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    9:04 AM
    Would be nice if these kind of changes could be announced at least so ppl know what to expect. I also tried to take on a gym leader, failed and got a cooldown message and was like "wut... that wasnt here yesterday... great... 24 hours waiting to try again"

7. Broklyn_Datroll

Broklyn_Datroll Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:04 AM
    If only there was some type of, oh, I don't know.... Big flat piece of wooden something, placed in some central location.

That's right, there IS a bulletin board, in Spawn.

(For those not able to tell, the above is sarcasm)

8. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    9:04 AM
    Woops :)