1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelmon Ideas

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Elrol_Arrowsend, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Elrol_Arrowsend

Elrol_Arrowsend Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:46 AM
    I have been on a few other Pixelmon servers and have got a few ideas on how to make our server better. I was thinking we had a monthly tournament where players face off in battles and the last one standing wins. The winner would receive some prize, not sure but maybe either a masterball or a pokemon of their choice that is not legendary, or possibly an item, since people cant seem to find what they really are looking for it would add some motivation to be active in the tourny. or maybe just a certain amount of myms to use on the server. maybe 10k or something? There would be rules for the competition such as, only 1 legendary per team, we could also have a few groups of battles, so that people with lower pokemon can also battle, the prizes would be lower, but it would be less of a challenge.

People also were asking about having nether stars on the server market so that they can still make beacons for their builds, since atm there is no way to get them.

I also noticed that the only way to get myms is from voting. even if you are selling on the market the money is earned originally from the tokens. I was thinking that maybe we could add a jobs plugin that was nerfed so it wont give you tons of money but atleast some. and have a limit on how much you can make in a certain period.

Another thing that I saw was having some player run gyms. and have an application process or something. if they stop being active they lose their position as gym leader and would have to reapply. I could set this up in game, the issue would be the badges. I was thinking maybe a staff could sell the badges to the gym leaders and the leaders could charge players to battle them and if they win they get a badge and the money they paid back.
    This would also help the econ on pixel so that it isnt as bad as I feel it is now.

2. snakeworm11

snakeworm11 Guest

I think all these ideas are brilliant! especially the player run gyms thing. I'm thinking it would also be cool to make the gyms, instead of type, team, to celebrate the reason why pixelmon got revived honestly :p. We can have gyms for team instinct, valor and mystic and have it so they can be taken over and ran by a new gym leader. Just an idea, a gym like in the pokemon games would also be cool, as it is less.. well.. chaotic.

3. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:46 AM
    Youd have to have an anouncer on the server, saying when and where.
    Mcmmo has a great plugin for leveling up aspects, but ive seen some fror earning money from breaking blocks
    Some sort of poke roulette but i cant remember the name of it

4. Lamar43

Lamar43 Retired Staff

Local Time:
    2:46 AM
    Those are some great ideas! I used to work on a Pixelmon server. One thing we had there were subs for player run gyms. Subs ran specific gyms when the gym leaders weren't on so people were not waiting for hours because 1 person couldn't get on. If you want I can give you a list of all the rules we had for player run gyms

5. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    Instead of one per gym you could have 2 or 3 people for a gym?

6. Lamar43

Lamar43 Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Well what we did was we had 1 leader per gym. Subs either subbed for the first 4 or first 8 gyms. Having more than 1 actual leader proved to be a problem

7. Elrol_Arrowsend

Local Time:
    sounds like great ideas. right now on the pixelmon we have a dozen or so regular players. once we get a larger playerbase then we might need subs. i am thinking that if we had both npc and player gyms it would ve better. meaning that we keep the 8 gyms that we have which are run by npcs and have the player league aswell

8. Lamar43

Lamar43 Retired Staff

Local Time:
    See we wanted to do that but it lagged the whole place up ^[DOUBLEPOST=1470877485][/DOUBLEPOST]If you guys can make it work then that will be great

9. crazylea

crazylea Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:46 AM
    Nice idea about a tournament and i'm willing to help whit that :p
    About a money making system.
    Not in like mining and stuff but you can get some items from pokemon that you wouldn't get normaly whitout killing/defeating the pokemon. What i whould say is make a market on spawn to sell those things. Lets says 2myms for 1 enderpearl or a magma cream.

10. Elrol_Arrowsend

Local Time:
    well atm we have 8 gyms run with npcs. im saying to keep those and have player gyms running as well.

11. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    With the current mods it can be pushed to 24 gyms but i think these stuff would best be implemented in an update although wont happen anytime soon so the best option is to put them in now, Im always here for help if you need it Elrol

12. Elrol_Arrowsend

Local Time:
    well atm my internet just got shut off. can you get on ts and tell foot, the guy im always in ts with, that i dont have internet and to tell the server?

13. Lamar43

Lamar43 Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Running both takes a lot more resources you would think. I would hope it for it too but it's highly unlikely as I've never seen it pulled off anywhere else.

As for the making money, I'm not sure if you have this on your pixelmon but we just ran a market listings for it. People naturally turned to it for anything they needed. Again not sure if you have this but we had a global trade system for pokemon. /gts

14. Elrol_Arrowsend

Local Time:
    we have /market listings and /market mail and what not

15. Lamar43

Lamar43 Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Ah alright. Well most players over where I used to work made 90% of their earnings from /gts.
    /gts help (No explanation needed)
    /gts (opens it)
    /gts add (slot) (price)

You can view the evs, ivs, nature, stats, buy and remove the pokemon from the gts screen. There is a plugin for I believe if you don't already have it.

Gyms: Most servers found success with going with gyms from the game (Mostly Kanto). Of course your free to experiment and change that if you wish.

16. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    11:46 AM

17. Lamar43

Lamar43 Retired Staff

Local Time:
    Ah, alright you have everything under control then. Good luck with it :)