1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pixelmon Redesign - New lead - Need your input

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Mijikai, May 27, 2015.

1. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:18 PM
    Hello MyM Community,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Mijikai (or you can call me Ben) and I've recently been given the opportunity to take lead on the Pixelmon server, hosted by MineYourMind.
    I know some of you will be thinking "Pixelmon" what is that?
    Well, here's a short introduction of the Pixelmon mod itself -

Description You start off with 1 starter Pixelmon, you set off into the world to find Pixelmon to catch, items to find and Pixelmon to breed. You're able to revive fossilized Pixelmon. You're able to Mount on your Pixelmon, and soar across the sky, swim across the oceans and run across the meadows, your Pixelmon story is yours, you create it, you tell it.

Several activities which you can do include;
    • Crafting Pokeballs
    • Capturing rare Pixelmon
    • Collecting rare Items
    • Building your own self-hosted Gyms
    • Fighting Official gyms
    • Fighting the Elite 4
    • Economy - become the richest trainer
    • Breed different Pixelmon
    • Trade different Pixelmon
    • and the list goes on..
    Now that we've gone over what Pixelmon is, and what you'll be able to do on the MineYourMind Pixelmon server, let's move on to ideas.

Ideas

Plugin ideas;
    • Quick Shop | Market Plugin (You can vote)
    • ShopKeepers (NPC trading Plugin)
    • CraftBook
    Pixelmon ideas;
    • Legendary Spawn rates raised
    (Chance to actually capture a Legendary Pokemon - will be changed depending on how much the player base raises)
    • Shiny Spawn rates raised
    (Chance to actually capture a Shiny Pokemon - will be changed depending on how much the player base raises)
    • Ability to mount your Pokemon
    (Maybe re-disabled in the future, if the time-outs start happening again)
    • Applicant Gym Leaders + Elite 4
    Map ideas;
    • Spawn updated
    • Towns
    • 16 Gyms
    • Victory Road + Elite 4 Tower
    • Navigational warps added
    • Safari Park

Conclusion

I'm really hoping that you guys are interested in seeing this project go somewhere, and I would also love to see you guys commenting with ideas/opinions on this, as it's likely that if I'm left alone to do this on my own, something I make, you people aren't going to like on terms of opinions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this short introduction of whats to come with the Pixelmon server, have a lovely Morning/Evening ~ Miji

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. MrSquidward_

MrSquidward_ Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:18 PM
    I have played pixelmon for few days and was trying to find a legendary pokemon, and i couldn't find any after about 4hours of searching.
    You should make craftable the autoanivil because making the pokeballs by hand is so painfull.
    Ben, I agree with all your ideas they are all cool and NEED to be implemented to pixelmon as soon as it possible.[DOUBLEPOST=1432730644][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, i think atm you can mount your pokemon by right clicking it.

Alicatt and Mijikai like this.
  3. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Great news. I used to play pixelmon a lot last year.

Few things i would like to see, Rather then legendary and shines increased rates all the time, Only have increased rates on weekends. Or during special event times.
    This is for 2 reasons. One, it helps keep legendary pokemon semi rare and a feat to catch, but it also give players that mainly play on the weekend the same chance as people that play all week.

I would also like to see a Safari Zone, like 50 x 50 areas of each biome. A place where people can go to catch these legendary pokemon. But with rules like certain balls only

Mijikai likes this.
  4. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Thanks for the fast input Devil - yeah, I had the trouble myself when searching for a Legendary, I think the most we found.. over a month was 4 of them?

Autoanvil is apart of Pixelmon correct? Maybe I can look into that, the problem is that I don't want anything like these modpacks where there's "automation" it's vanilla with a twist really.

I really like the idea of increasing the spawn rates of Legendary's on the weekend, that's definitely something I can think about/look into, thank you for the idea!

By the way, if you'd read the post, there will be a safari park ;)
    There will probably be one for each type of Pokemon, but spawning in different types of Pokemon.
    Unfortunately though, I'll have to decline the event where "legendarys" on the weekend are spawned in for people to attempt catching with certain type of Pokeballs.

Naturally or don't bother :p

5. Asapps

Asapps Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:18 AM
    I agree with the town ideas! I used to play on a kanto map. It was exactly like kanto too and amazing. (Tho the buildings were ugly lol) Idk how you plan on doing the towns, but towns sound good. :p

Mijikai likes this.
  6. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Nice to see your bringing it back from death
    I'm here if you need help

7. SouthAfrican

SouthAfrican New Member

Local Time:
    You have my full support Ben,although I am decently new the the MyM community, I think this will be a good idea to implement into the server. I will be glad to help with building of maps or plugins if any is needed, . Other than that id love to see this idea grow. I used to do pixelmon alot myslef about a year ago but moved more into modpacks with automation. I do however have some ideas ,that is if the project hasn't already been completed, I suggest just a few adjoining mods. Although outdated for example Pokecycle mod. I know in my personal opinion it kinda just added that extra something special to the mod. Not saying go crazy but its those small differnces that makes a player experience more personalized and enjoyable.

-justbecuz

8. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Hey Insane, thank you for the feedback.
    Unfortunately, we haven't even had chance to start the project yet, so don't worry :)
    Just to touch base on the idea of different mods, I'm going to have to decline that suggestion, as that limits who can and cannot join which is a huge issue in my opinion.
    Sure it adds a few "funsies" but it doesn't necessarily pay for the people who can't join because it's "too" complicated to add these specifics mods or forced to use our launcher.

Generally, at the moment of course we have a building team ready, but for now, we're just getting ready to restart the whole server, including with map/player.dat :)

9. MrSquidward_

Local Time:
    All my pokemons are gonna DIE :D

10. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    9:18 PM
    Sounds great

Adding a community spawn town could be nice
    Increasing the spawn rates may be op, could you have a single biome have a increased rate for spawn
    A building competition could work

Maybe think about things to make survival more fun as it can have the same issues

11. RAINING_SHELLS

RAINING_SHELLS New Member

Local Time:
    Sound Great :D If I Could Own A Shop Maybe If We Do Shops I will Love To Make One Please

12. elemage

elemage Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:18 AM
    it will be good to see more people on.
    im hoping to see the kits get reworked with pixelmon in mind along with some more pixelmon based commands like /pokeheal

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  13. jackripper0987

Local Time:
    If you added it to the mym launcher you would get more people, I am fairly sure there is a reason for not having it though

14. elemage

elemage Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:18 AM
    pixelmon is on the MyM launcher.

jackripper0987 likes this.
  15. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Once we're done with all of the gyms (half way there already) I'll start working on kits soon, don't worry :)

16. MrSquidward_

Local Time:
    Ben can I suggest some kits?

17. jackripper0987

Local Time:
    Woops :p
    I saw the pixelmon forum post a while ago which said it didnt, and havent really looked at the launcher

18. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Sure, feel free :)

19. RAINING_SHELLS

RAINING_SHELLS New Member

Local Time:
    Ben can you anwser my question

20. Mijikai

Local Time:
    Oh, I completely forgot to answer, I do apologise Raining :/
    It's definitely something I thought about, but for now, we're going to stick to the usual Market :)