1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PO2 Normal - Allow small scale claiming of The End

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by deepcage, Dec 28, 2016.

?

Do you like the idea stated in this thread?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

66.7%
  3. Other, see my comment below.

33.3%
  1. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    3:03 PM
    Hi,

Recently 2 players were temp-banned for stealing stuff in the end that wasn't theirs. Unfortunately, there is no other way than claiming areas to prevent theft. However current server policies prevent claiming in the end and thus prevent players from protecting their creations in the end.

I know it is possible for you to set a minimum claim size, so probably it is also possible for you to set a maximum claim size. Say you can only have 2 - X number of claims in the end with a maximum of <insert number here> blocks.
    My suggestion would be max 1 claim of no more than 256 blocks. This should allow small scale setups and still preserve enough island-space for others to mine and muck about with. or 2 claims of 128 blocks, same idea, but more flexibility.

I tried protection my setup with an ME system and a security terminal. However this only protects from people adding items to the network, not from breaking it. So that idea was a bust. The only way i got so far is to put a bunch of signs up, stating it is a private setup and stealing will get people banned. However its already been proven people just ignore those signs.

If you could configure this, people could protect their setups in the end (even if only for a week) and prevent a lot of grief and unnecessary bans.

2. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:03 AM
    Look into pneumaticraft security station.

Also, no claims in the end as they cause more issues then they solve.

3. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    3:03 PM
    Booker, you the man man... That security station is a brilliant idea. annoying to craft, but oh so worth it!